Simple little user site FTP backup program

• Hi,
    I have seen this when we ran the program on a Server 2008 - I never debugged this, but it now makes me curious.

Just to humer me - what OS do you use? Do you have any form for firewall?

I will try to run it again on the Server 2008 and se if I can find a solution!

Concrete5 Denmark - CMS til alle
    --------------------------
    Michael Jensen-Maar
    Concrete5 Danmark

• Hello!

I use Windows Home Server to the time of 2011. firewall is the Microsoft.

Virus program is Microsoft Forefront Client Security.

Thanks for the help.

my System :

- Distribution: Debian | Release: 9.13 | Codename: wheezy
    - i-MSCP Version: i-MSCP 1.5.3| Build: 20181208 | Codename: Ennio Morricone
    - Plugins installed: ClamAV (v. 1.3.0), Mailgraph (v 1.1.1), OpenDKIM (v 2.0.0), SpamAssassin (v 2.0.1)
    - LetsEncrypt (v3.3.0), PhpSwitcher (v 5.0.5), RoundcubePlugins (v 2.0.2)YubiKeyAuth 1.1.0

• I found a solution.

It is the Windows Firewall that makes the trouble.

I made Inbound rule for the "i-MSCP FTP Backup.exe" that allowed all inbound connections. That should make it work on Windows Servers protected with Windows Firewall.

I will try to make some error correction to pick up the error and give a human understandable message. When tested I will announce it here, and you can download a new copy from the link in the first post.

Michael Jensen-Maar
    Concrete5 Danmark

• Danke dir Michael
    Das wäre sehr nett und ich werde warten und hoffen das du es hin bekommst.

Thank you Michael
    That would be very nice and I'm going to wait and hope you get it back.

my System :

- Plugins installed: ClamAV (v. 1.3.0), Mailgraph (v 1.1.1), OpenDKIM (v 2.0.0), SpamAssassin (v 2.0.1)
    - LetsEncrypt (v3.3.0), PhpSwitcher (v 5.0.5), RoundcubePlugins (v 2.0.2)YubiKeyAuth 1.1.0

Edited once, last by Speddy ().

• Ok, I am sure now that it is the issue with Advanced Microsoft Firewall.

I made some error correction function that pick up this form for error. So in the version (ver. 1.0.1.0) that you now can download, the error is picked up and a human understandable error message is displayed in the message bar in the bottom of the program.

So for this to work in WIndows Server where Advanced Windows Firewall protect the server, you have to make a inbound firewall rule for "i-MSCP FTP Backup.exe" allowing all inbound trafic to the program.

Michael Jensen-Maar
    Concrete5 Danmark

Edited once, last by MGAV ().

• Hello Michael

Thanks, I added ne exception in the firewall and book now please otherwise it goes to add to the program only for incoming not outgoing connection make for otherwise it is not.

mfg Patrick

my System :