SSL Connection Error

• Thanks to Nuxwin, I was able to set up SSL for a domain. Unfortunately, the SSL is not working for that domain (ie. https://domain.ext) - When I try to visit the site in ssl using chrome I get the following error:

SSL connection error

Unable to make a secure connection to the server. This may be a problem with the server, or it may be requiring a client authentication certificate that you don't have.

Error 107 (net::ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR): SSL protocol error.

I'm not sure if this is an issue with the certificate, how the certificate is set up in the back end, the server OS, or an i-MSCP setting or incompatibility. Does anyone have any tips on this?

Here is what I am running:
    i-MSCP 1.0.3.0
    Debian Squeeze
    Virtual Private Server

Edited once, last by fortney7 ().

• Re ;

Do you receive identical error with MSIE or FF ? Try please.

Thank you for using i-MSCP

BTW: If you google a little bit, you will see that several issues occurs with comodo certificates...

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206

Edited once, last by Nuxwin ().

• I did try with IE prior to posting here, IE gives a "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" message and Firefox says:

• I did try with IE prior to posting here, IE gives a "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" message and Firefox says:

Re ;

I'm taking my breakfast.... Please install teamviewer on your desktop and send me the IDS. I'll help you online if you want.

• Well, I went ahead and had the SSL re-issued and I reinstalled it but had the same problem, so I tried a few things and one thing that I did took away the errors, in "Intermediar certificate" I changed the order of the CA certs, now I appear to have ssl. I will check into this further and report back.

• Well, I went ahead and had the SSL re-issued and I reinstalled it but had the same problem, so I tried a few things and one thing that I did took away the errors, in "Intermediar certificate" I changed the order of the CA certs, now I appear to have ssl. I will check into this further and report back.

Great. Yeah, order can be important for CA because one can depend of other (top level CA). ;)

Edit: Generally, SSL certificates vendors provide CA bundle (file containing all CA certificates) to avoid such error.

Edited once, last by Nuxwin ().

• Ok, I did a pretty thorough evaluation and it appears that the SSL is now working 100%. I updated my other thread with the correct methodology for implementing Comodo PositiveSSL. Thanks yet again for your guidance and offer to help me via teamviewer.