Secondary/slave dns service

• Hello,

i just setup my secondary nameserver - your script works like a charm :) Thanks for sharing.

But the zones will not transfer. I setup my secondary via:

Code
    1. perl /var/www/imscp/engine/setup/imscp-setup -dr named

on the master.

Should i allow zonetransfer from master to secondary manually or does i-mscp this for me?

Best regards :)
    Söhnke

• Hello,

as always it is a giving and taking thing - I took the script and gave it back. So, never mind.
    Regarding your question: normally i-mscp sets up the permission for zone transfer automatically. At least on my machines it did.
    What does the syslog say? Did bind get a denial or is there any other named related cue? Did you load the conf-file in your bind configuration (/etc/bind/named.conf -> include "/etc/bind/named.hostname.conf";) as flames wrote?

By the way - if anybody could provide some short reference about the hook-scripts then I would perpare a hook-file for adding the additonal conf-files to the bind configuration like it was done by Nuxwin did it for the localnets.

Regards Jörg

• Hello,

zonetransfer now work's fine!

But i have a huge problem. In the Zonesfiles on my primary is the wrong nameserver in all zonefiles:

This is in every .db!

Anyone knows why?

• Hi,

is this the complete content of your file? In my files there have also been added the lines for the nsX.* A entries.

So I got transferred to your file:

Regards Jörg

Edited once, last by UncleJ ().

• No i dont post the whole file. But the Nameserver should be:

ns1.hosterdomain.de
    ns2.hosterdomain.de

instead of

ns1.kundendomain.de
    ns2.kundendomain.de

The ns1 and ns2 is always like the domain. Hope you know what i mean.

in test.de.db its:

ns1.test.de
    ns2.test.de

in result.de.db its:

ns1.result.de
    ns2.result.de

and so on.

• HI,

I know what you mean and this is the normal behaviour as expected. The namesservers are always defined as subdomain of the current domain - so for panel of the panel domain and for customers of the customer domain or domainalias.

Regards Jörg

• Hello ;

In few days, a dns template feature will be added to the panel, which will let you define the ns name statically.;)

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206

• Hello ;

In few days, a dns template feature will be added to the panel, which will let you define the ns name statically.;)

But it can't work like this or i'm wrong? The Nameserver for example.com can't be ns1.example.com?

• But it can't work like this or i'm wrong? The Nameserver for example.com can't be ns1.example.com?

re;

This can work only if for each domain, you are creating the nameservers (through your registrar interface). Anyway, the problem should be solved on your server (online support made today).

Thank you for using i-MSCP

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206

• Hello,

I just wanted to leave a note that I completed the hook script and added it to the hooks section ( http://forum.i-mscp.net/thread-4652.html ).
    The plugin links a configuration file to /etc/bind/named.conf. This file could either be directly your downloaded secondary configuration or an intermediate file which then includes the secondary configuration. If the file does not exist yet, it is created automatically.

Regards Jörg

Edited once, last by UncleJ ().