phpSwitcher 5.0.3 installs - but compile of php 5.3.29 fails

• After my letsEncrypt issue the other day I thought it best to make sure that phpSwitcher was also updated to current version... Unfortunately, while the plugin itself seemed to update properly, the compilation of the php versions and (eventual) install did not.

simply using the command

perl php_compiler.pl

resulted in a failed update of the installed php versions.

When you report an issue for the PhpSwitcher plugin you need give us the following information:

1. Your distribution and its codename
      • i-MSCP 1.5.3 Build: 20180516 Codename: Ennio Morricone
    2. The i-MSCP httpd server implementation you're using (Fcgid, FPM)

• FPM
    3. The PhpSwitcher plugin affected by the problem
    4. The PhpSwitcher plugin version from which you're updating (if your're updating)
    5. The exact error message
      • I: Cleaning COW directory
        [ERROR] main: An error occurred while executing MAKE(1) target(s) for PHP 5.3.29: /usr/lib/pbuilder/pbuilder-modules: line 487: /var/cache/pbuilder/build/cow.26226/usr/sbin/policy-rc.d: No such file or directory

(see full log below)
    6. The PHP version status for which you have a problem
      • version is still available from the panel
    7. Whether or not the involved PHP version is a compiled or packaged PHP version
      • Log seems to indicate that it found sources from the previous build
        [INFO] Scanning PHP site for the PHP 5.3 sources...
        [INFO] Found PHP 5.3 sources at http://php.net/distributions/php-5.3.29.tar.gz
        [INFO] The PHP 5.3.29 sources are already present in the /usr/local/src/phpswitcher directory. Skipping download.
        [INFO] Extracting the PHP 5.3.29 archive into /usr/local/src/phpswitcher/php-5.3.29 ...
    8. The exact steps (without any assumption) to reproduce the problem

Nothing seems to be interfering with the existing installed versions, so I've left the system as is.

• The exact error message

I: Cleaning COW directory
    [ERROR] main: An error occurred while executing MAKE(1) target(s) for PHP 5.3.29: /usr/lib/pbuilder/pbuilder-modules: line 487: /var/cache/pbuilder/build/cow.26226/usr/sbin/policy-rc.d: No such file or directory

If your server is a container, please run the command with the --no-chroot option. Next time please search on our forums becaus this problem and the solution has been already given.

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206

• Nuxwin

Added the Label not a bug
  • Nuxwin

Closed the thread.