How to share PHP libraries between sites not owned by the same customer

• Hi

I want to install a PHP library for multiple domains.

For this I wanted to create and use a new domain in i-Mscp.

I can configure the open-basedir with the listener.

An include_once () results in the error "failed to open stream: Permission denied in ..."

This is logical because the files belong to different users.

What do I have for options with i-MSCP?

i-MSCP 1.5.3 (2018120800)

Debian 9

• Good morning,

Unless domain1 and domain2 are owned by the same customer, you cannot access files from each to others. This is due to the open_basedir restrictions.

The solution is to install the shared library somewhere else, such as in the /usr/local/lib/php directory (you need to create that directory), and through relevant i-MSCP listener file, change the open_basedir parameter for all domains to add that directory. For best use, you should also add that path to the include_path (always through the listener file).

Assuming that you're using latest i-MSCP version, you can use the following i-MSCP listener file: https://github.com/i-MSCP/imsc…p_confoptions_override.pl

Basically put, the %configOptions hash from the i-MSCP listener file should looks as follows:

Perl
    1. my %configOptions = (
    2. '*' => {
    3. 'open_basedir' => '{HOME_DIR}/:/usr/local/lib/php/:{PEAR_DIR}/:/dev/random:/dev/urandom',
    4. 'include_path' => '.:{PEAR_DIR}:/usr/local/lib/php/'
    5. }
    6. );

The listener file need to be copied in the /etc/imscp/listeners.d directory. Once you have edited the configuration part of the listener file, you need trigger a i-MSCP reconfiguration, else, the changes won't be taken into effect: perl /var/www/imscp/engine/setup/imscp-reconfigure -danv.

BTW: Don't forget that the listener file requires either FPM (recommended) or Fcgid.

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206

• Nuxwin

Added the Label question (answered)
  • Nuxwin

Changed the title of the thread from “Access via PHP from domain 1 to a file at domain 2” to “How to share PHP libraries between sites not owned by the same customer”.
  • Thread closed.

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206

• Nuxwin

Closed the thread.