Min Memory for I-MSCP and Debian Stretch

• Hiya,

Im setting up a new server (cloud based) but the only thing is it's limited to 1GB of RAM. Would I be able to run I-MSCP with about 6 domains, a mixture of Wordpress and standard html, email. Nothing massively heavy loads. Do you think?

Cheers,

• Hiya,

Im setting up a new server (cloud based) but the only thing is it's limited to 1GB of RAM. Would I be able to run I-MSCP with about 6 domains, a mixture of Wordpress and standard html, email. Nothing massively heavy loads. Do you think?

Cheers,

Good morning,

This is difficult to provide you with a correct answer. This depends on many factors.

The WordPress CMS is not know to be a good candidate for small servers because it can eat huge of resources, depending on installed plugins and so on... This also depends of traffic. On an i-MSCP server, there are other services to take into consideration.

There is the SQL service, mail service, dns service and so on... These days, 1 GB ram seem really ridiculous, even through this will work in most case because your server is able to swap.

If you had said, I'll serve only static resources, then, I would answer, yes, that should be OK but once you start to serve dynamic content, things mostly depend of the application that you're running. WP, Joomla, Typo are all CMS eating many resources and memory.

Don't forget that PHP application are stateless, meaning that for each request, the application must be fully bootstrapped.

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206

• Nuxwin

Added the Label question (answered)