Greylist delay problem

• Hi,

a have Postgrey service installed (version: 1.3.0 (Build 2018032000)) on my I-MSCP server. I have more than 200 email users under several domains.

So I need this service, but in the days the customers realized that so many email delayed more than 10 hours and in some cases the mails arrive twice.

How can I check that this service working properly?

What config steps do I need to check?

Thank you!

• Thank you.

I collected from my mail log one of the problematic sender log entries.
    They use Microsoft Outlook mail service for own mail server.

I tried to hide the original domain names and sender / receiver addresses but hopefully it is still readable.

I attached the part of the log.

Thank you.

balilog.txt

• It seems that Microsoft is always using a new IP address, so mails won't pass greylisting. You have to whitelist Microsoft IPs.

Thank you!

Can I whitelist the whole domain in whitelist like this: *.outbound.protection.outlook.com ?

Or I have to collect all Microsoft's ip addresses and whitelist each ip?

Thank you!

• Hi,

The problem is, MS sender server changed permanent. Postgrey say stop to a sending mailserver, please come back later. Normal is that the sender comes back. MS server do not do that. I had the same problem. With a postgrey_whitelist_clients file i've solved that.

Code
    1. # Do NOT greylist hotmail.com MX servers (see dig in mx hotmail.com)
    2. /^mx[1-4]\.hotmail\.com$/
    3. # Do NOT greylist ANY host from hotmail.com or outlook.com
    4. #hotmail
    5. /^.*\.hotmail\.com$/
    6. #outlook
    7. /^.*\.outlook\.com$/

Hope it helps

Es gibt viele Wege Danke zu sagen, der Einfachste ist das auch zu tun.

Herzlichen Dank - Merci beaucoup -- Большое спасибо -- Thank you very much -- Muchas gracias