php doesnt work on i-mscp

• I'm running Debian Squeeze on a VPS. I had started out with ispcp and found that it worked well, then switched over to i-mscp.

Config:
    i-mscp 1.0.3.0
    Build 20120323
    VPS on Debian squeeze

My problem is this:
    Installation of i-mscp leaving most settings default works, and I get the Admin, Reseller and User control panels, and can even run a website fine. In the control panels, it even shows php as active. However I am unable to run even the simplest php script:

PHP
    1. <?php
    2. phpinfo();
    3. ?>

The issue is that if I try entering the url for this script, phptest.php, it shows a blank page.

During installation of i-mscp I noticed that the autoinstaller automatically uninstalls libapache2-mod-php5 package. If I manually install this through apt, php starts working fine. However i-mscp control panel stops working. If I run the auto installer again, it again uninstalls the package and php stops working.

Can someone help me troubleshoot?

Edited once, last by dzchimp ().

• Hello ;

The phpinfo() function is disabled for security reason. That don't mean that PHP do not works.

You must not install libapache2-mod-php5 package manually. The installer install all needed packages.

To resume, all works fine. It's more a lack of knowledge from your side here.

Thank you for using i-MSCP.

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206

Edited once, last by Nuxwin ().

• Which is the main php.ini that decides whether phpinfo is enabled?

While doing a grep on these files, I found a lot of them.

• Hello ;

See http://forum.i-mscp.net/Thread…i-MSCP?pid=10724#pid10724

Thank you for using i-MSCP

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206

Edited once, last by Nuxwin ().