Nginx as alternative to Apache2 for customers?

• Dear all,

i have searched now many hours in i-mscp docs and here in the forum, but i cannot find the answer

Is there a possibility to install the whole server with I-MSCP with NGINX only - no usage of apache2 ?
    (in auto installer i have no nginx choice)

Usage for Debian 9.3 + php 7.1 - maybe 7.2 (is there a i-mscp support, for example manual install & then run auto install reconfig?) - sure with latest i-mscp stable

I mean here the client pages/final public websites, to use only nginx webserver - no usage of apache

Or is there a possibility to config i-mscp with nginx as reverse proxy for apache, if nginx only is not possible at the moment or supported by i-mscp ?

Would be great - i don't want to make a manual reverse proxy setup, without before asking here the experts ;) - maybe i-mscp will be get killed then ?(

Thanks very much in advance

Edited once, last by Neptun ().

• At this moment, you cannot. There is no i-MSCP Nginx server implementation for customers yet but this is planned and the development is in progress. The Nginx alternative should be available in version 1.6.0. Note that at first, the alternative will provide Nginx only as replacement of Apache2 for the customers. A layer providing reverse-proxy will be added later on.

https://github.com/i-MSCP/imsc…inx_server_implementation

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206

• At this moment, you cannot. There is no i-MSCP Nginx server implementation for customers yet but this is planned and the development is in progress. The Nginx alternative should be available in version 1.6.0. Note that at first, the alternative will provide Nginx only as replacement of Apache2 for the customers. A layer providing reverse-proxy will be added later on.
    https://github.com/i-MSCP/imsc…inx_server_implementation

Great !
    Would be perfect with 1.6.0 hopefully :thumbup:

I have tested my new server with nginx only and i love it ^^ perfect is then the reverse-proxy, but it takes time, i know ;-)
    Thanks for your great work & development ;)