Install looping round MySQL setup

• Hi all,

My installation loops. At some point you can enter Mysql username, password, host, port, and whatever I do, it keeps asking those four questions over and over.

System:
    - Debian Squeeze 64 bit
    - I-mscp 1.0.3

Any hints on this?

Thanks,
    Herman

• At the second stage install, after building the base.
    Steps:
    - Enter database hostname: localhost
    - Enter database port: default
    - Database username: root
    - Database password: in clear text
    Here the looping starts, goes back to: Enter database hostname.

EDIT: Never mind, now it seems to work. Very odd, I think that this occurs when you enter nothing at database port assuming that doing so will enter the default. I will test that :-)

EDIT2: My assumption is correct. If you enter nothing in the database port field (default, null, 3306) you come into this loop. There should be an error notification at this point, or the default should be entered if the user doens't do that.

Edited once, last by Smallserver ().

• i would recommend to use 1.1.0-rc1.4. Installer is bugfixed :)

Thanks, just reading this AFTER installing 1.0.3.0 :-)
    [hr]

i would recommend to use 1.1.0-rc1.4. Installer is bugfixed :)

I tested it, but bufixed?
    I wonder why you choose to enter passwords in visible text "once" in one field, but "twice" in another. Not very consistent :-)

Other then that, it works ok. Install package is 14 MB smaller too, though that doens't matter much these days.

Edited once, last by Smallserver ().

• Hello ;

For the root SQL password, we ask once since the password is directly tested for SQL connection. If the SQL connection fail, you will be asked again.

You are asked twice only for the admin password.

BTW: The archive is smaller because the installer get addons (phpmyadmin, ajaxplorer, roundcube) from external repositories now (using composer packages). You are not happy with that ?

Thank you for using i-MSCP

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206

Edited once, last by Nuxwin ().

• Hi Nuxwin,

Actually, that makes sense. Didn't think of that.
    About the package size, I don't mind if it's smaller, though that's a good thing. I need to wait 1 second less for the download :-)

The only thing annoying is that I have to download from SourceForge, it's not very user friendly to wget from there.

Thank you for creating i-MSCP, it's better then Ispcp, which I am still using on my old server until migration is complete.

Herman

• you can also download from github via Git :)

Hey, be nice to me, I am redirecting a lot of people to i-MSCP via my website :-)

• Hey, be nice to me, I am redirecting a lot of people to i-MSCP via my website :-)

Re ;

gOOvER is nice, trust me ;) The only bad-boy here, it's me :D He wanted only say to you that you can use git to get i-MSCP.;)

Thank for using i-MSCP

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206

Edited once, last by Nuxwin ().