x-envelope-to header for catchall

• Hi there,

how do I enable postfix to add an x-envelope-to in the header of a received mail? I need this to decide who the receipient was, when downloading the mails from a catchall account to a local mailserver.

thanks,
    thoand

• @thoand

We are not an academy for developers or system administrators ;)

Google is your friend: http://postfix.1071664.n5.nabb…ncoming-mail-td29399.html

BTW: Don't copy the given solution without more thinking ;). Eg, don't remove already defined SMTP restrictions. Note that you should use an i-MSCP listener file to made any change to Postfix main.cf file, else, your change won't survive to i-MSCP reconfiguration/upgrade.

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206

• I had found this topic before, but in the main.cf is noted, that it is managed by i-mscp, therefore I am asking.

There are several i-MSCP listener files for Postfix already, which were made available by our community. Look at them, study them and try to create your own listener ;) That is not so difficult. We can help you to debug a listener that you tried to create but we won't give you a turnkey solution, unless you pay for it.

See https://github.com/i-MSCP/imsc…contrib/Listeners/Postfix

• Hi @Nuxwin,

I do not understand the listener function. Why does the catchall function of i-mscp not add these headers by default? What will it cost to add this feature as a default funtion of i-mscp, to not have any seperate things needed?
    If there are reasons to not add the headers, you possibly could make it configurable via the i-mscp interface.

regards,
    thoand

• Why does the catchall function of i-mscp not add these headers by default?

Because that not standard and because this would reveal all BCC recipients.

You can always create a feature request on our bugtracker.

• I read the argument with the BCC recipients several times, but I do not understand it. The enveloped-mail does only contain the address of the mentioned BCC recipient. I think it is a much bigger problem, if you cannot lead such a mail into the right mailbox because of the missing envelope header.