Different DNS zone files after install/ugrade and reconfigure

• Hello,

I noticed when running the install/upgrade of a new/higher version the DNS zone file entries for subdomain, aliases and subdomain aliases alternative URLs are missing. When running imscp-reconfigure afterwards they appear in the zone file.
    Can anybody confirm this?

Regards Jörg

(Ubuntu 16.04, i-MSCP 1.5.1, php-Fpm, Plugins: ClamAV, CronJobs, InstantSSH, LetsEncrypt, Mailgraph, Monitorix, OpenDKIM, PhpSwitcher, PolicydSPF, Postscreen, RecaptchaPMA, RoundcubePlugins, ServerDefaultPage, SpamAssassin, YubiKeyAuth)

• @UncleJ

It seem that the CLIENT_DOMAIN_ALT_URLS parameter get reseted to 0 (disabled) when running the imscp-autoinstall script and set to 1 (enabled) when running the i-mscp-reconfigure script. So yes, you're right... I'll provide a patch soon.

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206

• @UncleJ

Here come a patch to apply on the uncompressed i-MSCP archive before running the installer:

How to process:

Assuming that your i-MSCP archive directory is /usr/local/src/imscp

• Download the patch below somewhere on your server
    • Test the patch patch --dry-run -d /usr/local/src/imscp -p0 <Fixed___CLIENT_DOMAIN_ALT_URLS__configuration_parameter_reseted_to_0__disabled__while_runn.patch
    • If all goes well, effectively apply the patch: patch -d /usr/local/src/imscp -p0 <Fixed___CLIENT_DOMAIN_ALT_URLS__configuration_parameter_reseted_to_0__disabled__while_runn.patch
    • Rerun the installer as follow perl imscp-autoinstall -dr alt_urls_feature
  • A fix has been added in our development branch. See https://github.com/i-MSCP/imsc…edf41b4f15b36ec0b11d34d30
    This fix will be part of next release.

Thank you for your report.
    Thread closed.

• @Nuxwin,

the patch worked. I also tried the normal installing way with just perl imscp-autoinstall -d but that did not work. Is this the expected bahaviour?

Regards Jörg

(Ubuntu 16.04, i-MSCP 1.5.1, php-Fpm, Plugins: ClamAV, CronJobs, InstantSSH, LetsEncrypt, Mailgraph, Monitorix, OpenDKIM, PhpSwitcher, PolicydSPF, Postscreen, RecaptchaPMA, RoundcubePlugins, ServerDefaultPage, SpamAssassin, YubiKeyAuth)

• @UncleJ

Running installer with the -r alt_urls_feature option to let you re-enable the feature through yes/no dialog was needed because the feature was disabled due to the bug. However subsquent calls with only the -d (debug) option should work (the feature should stay enabled). Of course, if you uncompress the archive again, you'll have first to apply the patch... You must apply the patch on the uncompressed i-MSCP archive directory, not on the installed files.

• Hi @Nuxwin

I tried again:

after applying the pacht and running perl imscp-autoinstall -dr alt_urls_feature the information was there
    chaning the value for CLIENT_DOMAIN_ALT_URLS to 0 and runnng perl imscp-autoinstall -d they disappeard
    swithing back the value for CLIENT_DOMAIN_ALT_URLS to 1 and runnng perl imscp-autoinstall -d they appeared again
    another run of perl imscp-autoinstall -d kept them in place

So it seams to work perfektly but everybody needs to run the installer with perl imscp-autoinstall -dr alt_urls_feature the first time.

Regards Jörg

• So it seams to work perfektly but everybody needs to run the installer with perl imscp-autoinstall -dr alt_urls_feature the first time.

Exactly because as explained in my previous answer, the feature was disabled due to the bug ;)

• @Nuxwin,

I know that you wrote that before - I am just not sure if everybody is aware of that (I guess a lot of people are affected) and I thought there would perhaps be a way to automatically activate it again running only perl imscp-autoinstall( -d) or at least to add it to the errata file.

Regards Jörg

• (I guess a lot of people are affected

All people that want the feature enabled are affected ;)

and I thought there would perhaps be a way to automatically activate it again running only perl imscp-autoinstall( -d) or at least to add it to the errata file.

We cannot. The alternative URLs feature is either enabled or disabled. Some people want it enabled while some other want it disabled. If we enable it without asking the user (out of the alt_urls_feature dialog context), that means that if someone want disable the feature later on, the feature will be re-enabled each time the installer will be run. To resume, doing this would introduce the same bug in reverse side. However, I can indeed add a note regarding the bug in the errata file for next version.

I hope that I'm clear enough ;)

BTW: the -d option do nothing more than activating the debug mode ;) Result would be same without it.