1.4.7 Fresh install on new server stuck in SQL pw request

• Hi,

I just try to install the latest (1.4.7) version on my new VPS server with Debian 9.1 and I stucked when it's asking me the SQL root password.
    It's a new install, so I haven't SQL root password yet.

I attached from these screens content for this comment.

Files

i-MSCP 1.5.3
    Plugins (latest version): ClamAV, CronJobs, DomainAutoApproval, LetsEncrypt, OpenDKIM, PanelRedirect, PhpSwitcher, PolicydSPF, Postgrey, RecaptchaPMA, RoundcubePlugins, SpamAssasin, WHMCS

• @Dylan

There is currently a bug in MariaDB 10.2 (Debian 9/Stretch) which lead to the error that you reported. See https://jira.mariadb.org/browse/MDEV-13615

In the 1.5.x branch there is a workaround for that issue. Basically, we force installation of the libmariadbclient18 package from Debian 9/Stretch repository (10.1 version) instead of the libmariadbclient18 package from the MariaDB 10.2 repository.

So here, either you install the 1.5.x branch, either you choose MariaDB 10.1 version.

The fix added in the 1.5.x branch regarding this issue: https://github.com/i-MSCP/imsc…bae08f89d4ed9818219c84fdc

EDIT: Another solution for i-MSCP 1.4.7 if you want still use MariaDB 10.2

Create the following file: /etc/apt/preferences.d/fix_mariadb with the following content:

Code
    1. Package: *
    2. Pin: release o=MariaDB,n=stretch
    3. Pin-Priority: 1001
    4. Package: libmariadbclient18
    5. Pin: release o=Debian,n=stretch
    6. Pin-Priority: 1002

Then run: apt-get dist-upgrade. This will downgrade the libmariadbclient18 package to version provided by Debian 9/Stretch repository.
    Once done, rerun the i-MSCP installer.

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206

• Thank you @Nuxwin but your second tip not helped, it's asking me the sql password again after I made that downgrade.

So becaouse I have no time for this, I reinstall whole server (it's total new, so no problem) and I choosed mariadb 10.1, and now it's ok, install went well.

Thank you for your quick reply!

i-MSCP 1.5.3
    Plugins (latest version): ClamAV, CronJobs, DomainAutoApproval, LetsEncrypt, OpenDKIM, PanelRedirect, PhpSwitcher, PolicydSPF, Postgrey, RecaptchaPMA, RoundcubePlugins, SpamAssasin, WHMCS