We are pleasure to announce the immediate availability of a new listener file that allows storage of customer backup directories elsewhere on the file system. This listener has been requested by @freedom which wanted to store the customer backup directories outside of the default location due to space issues.
- A new root path for customer backup directories is created according your setup, for instance: /srv/imscp/backups
- If any, the data from default customer backup directories are moved in the new location, for instance: /srv/imscp/backups/<customer>. Once done the default backup directories are cleared.
- New customer backup directories are mounted on top of the default backup directories. Thus, customers can still access their backups through FTP
Howto setup the listener file
- Upload that listener file into the /etc/imscp/listeners.d directory
- Edit the /etc/imscp/listeners.d/10_backup_storage_outsourcing.pl file and set the $STORAGE_ROOT_PATH variable according your needs
- Trigger an i-MSCP reconfiguration: perl /var/www/imscp/engine/setup/imscp-reconfigure -danv
Thank you for using i-MSCP.