Postfix: Dualstack possible?

• Hi all,

just a short question: Is Postfix able to handle both - IPv4 and IPv6 - at the same time in dualstack? I know that postfix can do that, i'm just wondering if i-mscp has included that.

With the dualstack listener file i was able to get dualstack for http(s). But i don't see how to get dualstack for postfix.

The main.cf in /etc/postfix shows only ipv4 in "inet_protocols". Also the "smtp_bind_address6" is empty.

I've found that file:

/usr/local/src/imscp-1.4.3/contrib/Listeners/Postfix/10_postfix_tuning.pl

That looks similar to the dualstack apache listener file. Is it used the same way?

Would be good to know if dualstack for postfix is possible - and if yes: How.

Thanks a lot in advance for an reply! :)

Greetings,
    Axel

• I've found that file:

/usr/local/src/imscp-1.4.3/contrib/Listeners/Postfix/10_postfix_tuning.pl

That looks similar to the dualstack apache listener file. Is it used the same way?

Morning,

The 10_postfix_tuning.pl listener file is not really similar to the 10_apache2_dualstack.pl listener. The 10_apache2_dualstack.pl is only for Apache2 dual-stack configuration while the 10_postfix_tuning.pl allows for tuning of all your postfix configuration parameters. So no, both are not working the same way.

In order, to setup dual-stack for your postfix you must:

• Copy the 10_postfix_tuning.pl listener file into the /etc/imscp/listeners.d directory
    • Edit the /etc/imscp/listeners.d/10_postfix_tuning.pl listener file according your needs. For dual-stack, you must modify the following parameters: inet_protocols and smtp_bind_address6, and remove (or comment other parameters). Finally, you should end with something like: https://pastebin.com/WjDymNjY
    • Reconfigure i-MSCP to activate the listener file: perl /var/www/imscp/engine/setup/imscp-reconfigure -danv

Of course, you must replace the 2001:240:587:0:250:56ff:fe89:1 IP by your own IP.

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206