Move from 1.1.22 to 1.4.2

• Hello guys,

I'm currently using i-mscp in the 1.1.22 version on my old server (debian wheezy 7.11) and I want to migrate to the new one with i-mscp 1.4.2 on jessie 8.7. I haven't found a how-to to do this migration so I'm happy for every advice I'll get.
    I doubt that this how-to is still up-to-date I-MSCP migration from old server to a new one

Thanks for your help

• @T0mcat

The instructions should be remain almost the same. Just don't forget about the comment added by @theemstra regarding MySQL user. If you cannot figure out alone, we can always do the migration for you (not free of course but for a cheap price).

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206

• Hello again,

I followed all the steps from the howto.

Code
    1. #On Old Servermysqldump -u root -p --all-databases > /root/database.sql#On new serverrsync -aPEhe ssh --exclude=*backups* --stats root@oldIP:/var/mail/virtual/ /var/mail/virtual/rsync -aPEhe ssh --exclude=*backups* --stats root@oldIP:/var/www/virtual/ /var/www/virtual/#edit these files to remove vuxx users/etc/shadow /etc/group/etc/passwdscp root@oldIP:/root/database.sql /root/database.sqlmysql -u imscp_user -p < /root/database.sql#Execute the following SQL queries:# mysql -u root -p<password>use imscp; #your imscp config update domain set domain_status = 'ok';update subdomain set subdomain_status = 'ok';update domain_aliasses set alias_status = 'ok';update subdomain_alias set subdomain_alias_status = 'ok';update mail_users set status = 'ok';update admin set admin_status = 'ok', admin_sys_name = null, admin_sys_uid = 0, admin_sys_gname = null, admin_sys_gid = 0;exit;/var/www/imscp/engine/setup/imscp-reconfigure --reconfigure

I made the mysqldump on the old server with the root user as it's still a 1.1.22 version.
    After moving everything on the new server and when importing the mysqldump with the imscp_user, I get the follwing error when executing this command:

Code
    1. /var/www/imscp/engine/setup/imscp-reconfigure --reconfigure

[ERROR] iMSCP::Stepper::_callback: Could not create the imscp_user@localhost SQL user: Error while executing statement: Operation CREATE USER failed for 'imscp_user'@'localhost' at /var/www/imscp/engine/setup/../PerlLib/Servers/sqld/mysql.pm line 196, <$fh> line 12.