Nginx not started after reboot

• @texxasrulez

Home server? Are you using DHCP to assign the IP, are you using network manager? Can you show me your /etc/network/interfaces file (in private)?

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206

• Actually, don't mind posting it ..

# This file describes the network interfaces available on your system
    # and how to activate them. For more information, see interfaces(5).

source /etc/network/interfaces.d/*

# The loopback network interface
    auto lo
    iface lo inet loopback

“Life is all an Elaborate Hoax”

• Adding net.ipv4.ip_nonlocal_bind = 1 to sysctl.conf did solve issue. I try not to go in and modify any system files in case of changes and I wouldn't remember what I have done if I ever need to do anything drastic. Makes me love those listener files ... :D

• @texxasrulez

I don't see any stanza regarding first network interface (eg. eth0) in your conffiles...

You use DHCP and that bad for server case. The problem atm is that at time where nginx is started, the network interface is not configured yet. You should considere add the configuration stanza in your /etc/network/interfaces file (static configuration).

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206

• I was wondering if that would be the case, as I stated, I try not to edit system files manually and do things from default. I go crazy on my test server which I break alot, but hey, that is the best way I have found to learn.
    I will use your advice. I do appreciate your time. When I get my next paycheck (I am contractor and payday is far and few between) I will give some donation love to ya ..

Have a great day ...