About Reverse DNS configuration, need help please...

• Hi,

I've just activated on my ISP a custom reverse DNS. According my config, I've :
    - A Box/router connected on optical fiber to my ISP with fixed IP
    - A Debian Wheezy webserver with I-MSCP v.1.3.8
    - DNS with cloudflare
    - Some domain names and one of them have a subdomain who is my desired reverse DNS
    - My ISP has confirmed that all is enabled in their configs (How may i verify that ?)

Before this new change (more than 24/48h for propagation), the reverse DNS worked very well and appears when I tryed to know it.
    At this time, when i launch a lookup request, I obtain this :

-> Non-authoritative answer:
    -> *** Can't find xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx.in-addr.arpa.: No answer

-> Authoritative answers can be found from:

On the Cloudflare blog (I'm not sur where exactly), I saw that PTR can't be managed by them and need added directly on my server.
    Could someone help me so I set up my Reverse DNS without forgetting anything or making mistake ?
    Does a plugin or a rubric in I-MSCP exist to handle this ?

Thank you in advance for your help and your answers

• Does this mean that my ISP has not done its job ?

How to check to show it to him ? I tried to explain them with nslookup but they did not understand at all and speak to me that it worked because the ping of my subdomain gave the IP well. So nothing to see !

Edited once, last by platinum75 ().

• if nslookup {ip-address} doesn't give you the FQDN of your host, then something is wrong at your ISP. You should probably try changing the RDNS Record so that the process is retriggered at you ISP. If that doesn't work, show them the output of your request.

• Already said by phone. I'll try with a screenshot by message. May be it'll work better

My nslookup
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    nslookup xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
    Server: yyy.yyy.yyy.yyy
    Address: zzz.zzz.zzz.zzz#53

Non-authoritative answer:
    *** Can't find xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx.in-addr.arpa.: No answer

Authoritative answers can be found from:
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------