Default php Version on Debian Jessie and i-MSCP 1.3

• Can s. o. confirm this:

Doing a completely new installation with Debian Jessie 8.5 and i-MSCP 1.3.0. I could remove the default php 5.6 Version and install php 7.0.8 from dotdeb repositories. Any finishing run (reconfiguration) of i-MSCP resulted in php 5.6 being reestablished again.

Q1: It would be OK to have php 7.0 as the only version, but this seems impossible currently?
    Q2: The only solution to get php 7.0 at the moment is PHP-Switcher?
    Q3: As is the case in Ubuntu: any plans when debian will have php 7.0 as default supported by i-MSCP?

Thankyou for your answers!

OT-Q4: Nuxwin Purchase possible with payment to IBAN? y/n

Currently not using i-MSCP.

• @sutorinfo

That is the expected behavior. The i-MSCP installer get the list of packages to install by reading an xml file which is different for each distribution. For jessie, that file is: https://github.com/i-MSCP/imsc…ebian/packages-jessie.xml

As you can see in that file, the PHP version for Debian Jessie is php5 (from official repositories).

So:

Q1: It is possible. You must update the package file for Debian jessie by specifying the external repository to use and adjusting package list (Be aware that not support will be given if you use PHP from DotDeb)
    Q2: See Q1 answer
    Q3: We install PHP versions which are officially supported. For Jessie, the official PHP version that is supported is PHP 5.6.x. PHP 7.x will be available in Debian >= Stretch
    Q4: Of course, just ask me for my IBAN in private

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206

• Thankyou very much @Nuxwin for your answers.

Doesn't seem too complicated and would be a good training. But lack of time makes the solution with the plugin a preferable one! I asume - as I read in other posts - the built in tools will let me build PHP7.0 as the secondary PHP-version.

Currently not using i-MSCP.

• @sutorinfo

IBAN sent to your email. You got it?

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206