A lot of Vlogger errors

• I have hundred of errors like this one in /var/log/apache2/error.log:

[alert] i-MSCP Vlogger: Unable to dump tracker: DBI connect('database=imscp;host=127.0.0.1;port=3306','vlogger_user',...) failed: Access denied for user 'vlogger_user'@'localhost' (using password: YES) at /usr/local/sbin/vlogger line 493.

I have loged in with phpmyadmin using credentials on file:
    /etc/imscp/apache/working/vlogger.conf

This user can access to imscp database to write on table httpd_vlogger (user can't delete records on this table), the table is empty.

My system:
    i-MSCP 1.2.16
    Build: 20160310
    Debian GNU/Linux 8.3 (jessie)

I don't know if this is a problem of this system or a bug, I have another server with same Linux version and i-MSCP 1.2.15 and it is working nice and table httpd_vlogger contains some records.

Some advise?

• Hi!

mysql >use mysql;
    mysql >update user set Password=password(' ') where User='vlogger_user';
    mysql> flush privileges;

copy password from /etc/imscp/apache2/vlogger.conf - and restart apache.

It's fixed the error until regenerate i-mscp config.

• File /etc/imscp/apache2/vlogger.conf does not exist on my system.

The file with vlogger password is:
    /etc/imscp/apache/working/vlogger.conf

I have accessed using the password on this file with phpmyadmin, so the user and password are correct at least for the localhost user.

I have reseted the password for MySQL user with host 127.0.0.1 (just to test), because error say "host=127.0.0.1" and when accessing with phpmyadmin the host is "localhost", so the localhost user could be correct and the 127.0.0.1 user bad.

This MySQL user configuration confuse me, I don't know why to use a localhost and 127.0.0.1 user, but now, I will wait to see if error disappears.

EDIT: Now it is working nice, so it was fixed setting up the password of user [email protected] with the password on file /etc/imscp/apache/working/vlogger.conf

Edited once, last by skeptic ().

• Well,

This MySQL user configuration confuse me, I don't know why to use a localhost and 127.0.0.1 user, but now, I will wait to see if error disappears.

vlogger script is run in chrooted environment and thus, it cannot access the mysql socket. This explain why we use 127.0.0.7 (TCP) instead of localhost (unix socket).

EDIT: Now it is working nice, so it was fixed setting up the password of user [email protected] with the password on file /etc/imscp/apache/working/vlogger.conf

Strange. Normally, the installer setup the password itself. Could you please show me that password in private? There is maybe some strange characters which are not escaped correctly by the installer.

Thank.

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206

• @skeptic

I confirm the bug. In installer, wrong user host is used. We use 'localhost' while we should use 127.0.0.1, according my previous explainations. Once fixed, we get expected result:

Code
    1. root@jessie:~# mysql -u vlogger_user -pEnter password:ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'vlogger_user'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

Will be fixed in version 1.2.18

• A fixed has been added in the 1.2.x branch. See https://github.com/i-MSCP/imsc…86b0efc393084e5ff66a50787
    This fix will be part of version 1.2.18.

Thank you for your report.