Mail does not work at all

• On both the 1.1.0-beta2 installed on a fresh 12.04 Ubuntu installation AND 1.0.3 stable on a fresh 10.04 Ubuntu installation.

On the first one, I used dovecot as the mail server.
    A user noticed that the lost password function wasn't working and I deduced that it was because PHP-mail wasn't isntalled. So I installed it. But it still did not work. Neither did mail sent roundcube.

So then we changed to the stable version so that we could integrate it with WHMCS.
    In this one, we tried using courier as the email server.
    Once again, i-MSCP is not sending any auto-mail: whether it is login details to new users, lost passwords, etc.
    Also, mail does not send from squirrel mail at all.

What is going wrong? We have all the needed ports open, including SSL versions of each port.

• Hello ;

Without any log, we cannot help you anymore. What your mail.log file say after trying to send mail ? You are using a dedicated server (out of your home) ??? You are using DNS server provided by iMSCP ? If you want receive any help, you should provide relevant information and not just say: Mail does not work at all ;)

Cheers ;

BTW: some issues were fixed in last master this night (see the timeline).

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206

Edited once, last by Nuxwin ().

• Sorry, I forgot about all that >.< (it's late).

I haven't looked too deep into the mail log but it says that the mail is getting sent just fine. Only it's not making it to yahoo, hotmail, or gmail. Not the inbox or the spam folders.

And yes, a dedicated server behind a home router (it's a new test server).

And like I said, we are currently using the stable version which I KNOW should be having these problems, so I really am confused :P