login from ip adress

• hello
    i searched alot before post this :)
    i installed the i-mscp on my VPS, i don't use domain for my VPS i use it from IP
    in cpanel i used to login as xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:2083
    xxx = ip
    how i can login to the control panel from my ip adress ?

• The message you received is the one showed by the frontend when debug mode is off. Edit your /etc/imscp.conf file and set the DEBUG variable to 1. after this you must provide us the true message showed when trying to load login page with your IP.

Also please, what i-MSCP version you are using?

Thanks.

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206

• The message you received is the one showed by the frontend when debug mode is off. Edit your /etc/imscp.conf file and set the DEBUG variable to 1. after this you must provide us the true message showed when trying to load login page with your IP.

Also please, what i-MSCP version you are using?

Thanks.

thank you
    i chnaged the imscp.conf DEBUG to 1 but nothing happened but also i changed imscp.old.conf to 1 too and then i got this
    "Warning: The Exception Writer `iMSCP_Exception_Writer_Browser` was unable to write the following message: `Unable to establish the connection to the database. SQL returned: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2) - at line: 371 in file: /var/www/imscp/gui/library/iMSCP/Initializer.php` Reason: Unable to find the box.tpl template file - at line: 532 in file: /var/www/imscp/gui/library/iMSCP/pTemplate.php in /var/www/imscp/gui/library/iMSCP/Exception/Handler.php on line 319"
    i am using ubuntu 11.04 and i-mscp Build date 2012-07-26 from i-mscp download page http://i-mscp.net/download

• Hello ;

The message give your the reason:

Code
    1. Unable to establish the connection to the database. SQL returned: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2)

Are you sure that your MySQL server is running and is accessible via localhost? If yes, send me your imscp.conf and imscp.old.conf file via PM.

Cheers ;

• i am not sure but it should be working, how i can check it ?
    and i pm you :)
    thanks alot for help

• i am not sure but it should be working, how i can check it ?
    and i pm you :)
    thanks alot for help

Hello

The files you sent me via PM are not complete.The DATABASE_USER is empty. Try to add root as user for this parameter.

Also please give us the output of the following command (as root):

Code
    1. /etc/init.d/mysql status

Cheers

Edited once, last by Nuxwin ().

• i add the "root" username to database and it didn't work so far :(, i don't know whats wrong because i add the database information during install i-mscp

/etc/init.d/mysql status
    Rather than invoking init scripts through /etc/init.d, use the service(8)
    utility, e.g. service mysql status

Since the script you are attempting to invoke has been converted to an
    Upstart job, you may also use the status(8) utility, e.g. status mysql
    mysql stop/waiting

Edited once, last by itsright ().