just wanna know

• i have been using ispcp for a long time and watched how it stopped supporting the controlpannel and see the forum die

now i see imscp and easyscp are there more to be found?
    why is this happening?
    is this system to be trusted?

i get the strange feeling that its no longer a trustworthy system and that dev's are changing like the wheater changes from summer to winter

is there a competition going on between some developpers ?
    is there a risk for us users to get vulnerable software and get our servers forums websites hacked because of this ?

to be honnest i am starting te get worried about this system and i am not shure if i should continu with this because i fear for the security of my server(s)

• Hello ;

Don't confuse all. ;)

1. MSCP is a fork of the ispCP project founded by former ispCP developers. i-MSCP is available since a ~ years and is still improved and maintained. i-MSCP is used by several compagnies and users. We are now simply in a slow development period (some of our developers are really busy by their work).

2. No competition. i-MSCP can be seen as a standalone project formed by developers that wanted take other directions in development.

3. No security issue for your personal data. We are not in fight with any of ispCP developer and you have not risks to use one of that both project.

Cheers

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206

• ok thnx for the reply

so whats the differance between Iscp, I-Mscp and Easyscp
    to me they look all the same and are all decendents from Ispcp and correct me if i am wrong was Ispcp not a fork from vhscs or something like that?

And can yoy tell me what the furture is for I-Mscp
    is there going to be support
    is there going to be a payed subscription by donation or what ever
    is there going to be online support for noobs

these are very important things for users i think
    most of the users are using these pannels because they are free
    for me it would not be a problem to donate if we can be shure that this will be supported

i have seen it on Ispcp and the support was not the best and many of us had severe problems that where never solved

why am i asking all these questions:
    i am moving my server(s) and are looking for a good supported pannel
    otherwise i am thinking of switching to a Cpanel or plesk pannel even if they are expensive to buy but i only do this because the admin pannels are important and failures can bring big problems for us users

Edited once, last by whatsup ().

• Personally, I enjoy this panel over cPanel. I would choose it as the best if only it had a few more features (some of which I have already highlighted to the devs).
    The difference between Iscp, i-MSCP, and Easyscp is in the code.
    They are all "forks" from ISPcp, which means that they took the ISPcp code and then changed it to suit their own needs. They all "look" the same because, well, why change the layout when it works so well?
    Of the 3 mentioned, I would only trust i-MSCP.
    And yes, ISPcp was originally a fork from vhcs, but by the time it was done a LOT of stuff was changed, so it didn't really resemble it much...

1) There is currently support and updates and I am quite sure they will be happening for a while.
    2) Somewhere on the site it says something about the panel being free now and always.
    3) There is ALREADY online support for noobs. Have you looked around the forums? :P

For production use with more than a couple users, I would probably recommend the stable release (1.0.3) HOWEVER the 1.1.0-beta2 has quite a bit more features.
    eg: using roundcube 8.1 instead of squirelmail (an improvement that is unbelievably large)

The devs can correct me on anything I missed/stated wrongly :)

• You are correct in everything as far as I've read it.