Question to the devs

• Hi again,

I'm trying to create a setup of 2 servers running i-mscp that can be used to dns load-balance. But for this to work on
    the way i intended to make this setup, i got a few questions:

• Does the imscp.conf get altered by changes made in the controle panel?
    • Are only /etc/imscp and /var/www/ used to store data/config ?
    • Could you give me the correct location of the dovecot maildir? ( found: 'mail_location = maildir:~/' but this seems a weird location )

Kind regards,
    GuardMoony

• Some changes in config-file directly affects imscp, e.g. panel (may service restart is needed), some does not. Otherwise some need to be changed in config directly, e.g. cronjob time (after that you need to rerun the setup)
    • also /var/mail/
    • Mail dir ist /var/mail/
  • Quote from GuardMoony

Does the imscp.conf get altered by changes made in the controle panel?

No. This file is only altered on installation/update/reconfiguration when you run the installer or setup script

Quote from GuardMoony

Are only /etc/imscp and /var/www/ used to store data/config ?

No. There is a lot of places where i-MSCP store data:

• /etc/imscp
    • /var/www/virtual
    • /var/www/fcgi
    • /var/cache/imscp
    • /var/local/imscp
    • /var/mail/virtual

And here, I don't talk about sysvinit, systemd, upstart and any service configuration file ;)

Quote from GuardMoony

Could you give me the correct location of the dovecot maildir? ( found: 'mail_location = maildir:~/' but this seems a weird location )

• /var/mail/virtual

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206

• yes, but things like sysvinit, systemd and stuff is only created on install and not changed afterwards.
    They way i'm trying to do it, is first install all the servers. Then preform the setup to link all servers.

• Ok. I need some more information. This time regarding the IP's. I got 2 ip's in the database. 1 ip for each server. But i notice that once that done the connection between the servers is gone. If i try a ssh towards the ip of the other server it just opens a ssh to itself. When i run ifconfig it only show my normal ip. When i check the route setup its normal. Tried disabling iptables ( maybe you set some redirect in it ) but this didn't help. Also checked the hosts file.
    Any idea's where i got to look to resolve this issue ?

• For each servers ???

For the secondary IP, you can see them as follow

Code
    1. # ip a s

ifconfig doesn't show secondary IP addresses.

• The imscp_daemon is responsible to trigger backend script when receiving request from the frontend. If you disable it, you must trigger the backend script every X minutes using a cron task or by any other method of your choice. I don't really know what you're doing on your system so...