MySQL 64bit

• Hello,

Is it possible to install by default the MySQL 64bit version, as on most of the servers there is more than 4gb of memory available that the MySQL 32bit can't use.?

Is there any procedure to update the MySQL 32bit to 64bit tested with I-MSCP?

Many thanks.

• Haven't tried it, but should be possible. If the package names are different, you may need to change the imscp package list. Just try it out on a testing system :-)

• WTF ?

By default, i-MSCP install the amd64 package (64bits) if you use a 64 bits OS.

Code
    1. root@jessie:/usr/local/src/imscp# LANG=C aptitude show mysql-server-5.5Package: mysql-server-5.5 State: installedAutomatically installed: noVersion: 5.5.46-0+deb8u1Priority: optionalSection: databaseMaintainer: Debian MySQL Maintainers <[email protected]>Architecture: amd64Uncompressed Size: 32.4 MDepends: initscripts (>= 2.88dsf-13.3), libdbi-perl, lsb-base (>= 3.0-10), mysql-client-5.5 (>= 5.5.46-0+deb8u1), mysql-server-core-5.5 (>= 5.5.46-0+deb8u1), passwd, perl (>= 5.6), psmisc, debconf (>= 0.5) | debconf-2.0, libc6 (>= 2.17), libgcc1 (>= 1:4.1.1), libstdc++6 (>= 4.1.1), zlib1g (>= 1:1.1.4)PreDepends: adduser (>= 3.40), debconf, mysql-common (>= 5.5.46-0+deb8u1)Recommends: libhtml-template-perlSuggests: mailx, tinycaBreaks: libmysqlclient-dev (< 5.5.17~), mysql-client-5.1, mysql-server (< 5.5.46-0+deb8u1), mysql-server-5.1, virtual-mysql-serverReplaces: libmysqlclient-dev (< 5.5.17~), mysql-client-5.1, mysql-server (< 5.5.46-0+deb8u1), mysql-server-5.0, mysql-server-5.1, virtual-mysql-serverProvides: virtual-mysql-serverDescription: MySQL database server binaries and system database setup MySQL is a fast, stable and true multi-user, multi-threaded SQL database server. SQL (Structured Query Language) is the most popular database query language in the world. The main goals of MySQL are speed, robustness and ease of use. This package contains all the infrastructure needed to setup system databases.Homepage: http://dev.mysql.com/Tags: network::server, protocol::db:mysql, role::program, works-with::dbroot@jessie:/usr/local/src/imscp#

@Ninos

The package name is the same. Only the location of the package in the repository change according the architecture. There is nothing to change in the sources.list file.

@scieri

Do you use a vm?
    What is the output of the following command on your system?

Code
    1. # dpkg-architecture

For a 64bits system, the result should look at:

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206

• @scieri

See also https://wiki.debian.org/Multiarch/HOWTO but before trying anything, answer my questions above.

BTW: Even if you use a 32bits OS, you can access over 4 GB memory space when using PAE kernel. You should check which kernel your use and in case of a vm, you should ask your provider. Another thing to know is that the mysql packages under Debian/Ubuntu are built with LFS (large file support) for 32 bits OS. This is not directly related to your problem but this is good to know.

See also: http://www.linuxquestions.org/…-4gb-memory-limit-707762/

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206

• Sorry for the stupid question, I haven't checked the architecture which is 32bit (somehow I thought it was installed the 64bit version). Mysqltuner gave me the error about the memory.
    For now is not an issue as not even 1GB of Ram is used, I will upgrade to a new server and install it from scratch.

Many Thanks.