i-MSCP removes local database server

• When i'm doing a fresh install of i-MSCP (1.2.9) on a existing server witch has a database server installed, i-MSCP de-installs this database server EVEN when i select that they need to use a remote server!!!

I don't know if this is a bug. But de-installing software when not asked to install that software seems kinda harsh. :@ Is there anyway to install i-MSCP without it changing the current database software on this machine?

Kind regards,

GuardMoony

• Hello ,

This is the current design. Eg, when switching to another server implementation, packages which are not needed are removed by the installer. We could change that behavior.

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206

• If possible maybe do a check for installed packages on the server and compare those with the packages needed for i-mscp? and give a option if you want to keep current or install the i-mscp version?

• Hello,

I'll see how we can handle that in safe way. In perfect world, i-MSCP shouldn't cause package uninstallation. This was done like this because many users don't know how to manager whey they have dependencies with APT.

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206