​Strange Mail Exchange Problem

• Hi,
    When I set-up my site with i-mscp, I have configured the MX to an external server. Later we have changed our mind and decided to use i-mscp as out mail server. Now when we have deleted that MX record but server is not accepting any email. The mails bounces back with this message -

Code
    1. ww0.host.com gave this error:
    2. <[email protected]>: Recipient address rejected: User unknown in virtual mailbox table

I thought the error is happening because there is not MX record. I have other domains with the same i-mscp and they also do not have any MX and mails works fine with those domains. Later I thought as this domain had MX and we have removed it, this may cause the problem. So I have created MX again and pointed it to domain.com but that also did not solve the problem.

Did anyone have similar problem or can share a solution with me?

• @Omi Azad

Try a full reconfiguration: perl /var/www/imscp/engine/setup/imscp-reconfigure -danv

Please next time conform to Reporting rules - Reminder

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206

• no Sir, it did not help. Here is what the bounced mail says:

Code
    1. This is the mail system at host ww0.host.com.I'm sorry to have to inform you that your message could notbe delivered to one or more recipients. It's attached below.For further assistance, please send mail to postmaster.If you do so, please include this problem report. You candelete your own text from the attached returned message. The mail system<[email protected]>: mail for domain.com.bd loops back to myself

I am running Ubuntu 16.04.3 LTS (Xenial Xerus)
    The i-MSCP version in use: i-MSCP 1.5.1, Build: 20170908, Codename: Ennio Morricone

Please suggest what I need to do.

• Activate and go again into the external MX Config and also delete the DNS entries. You must deactivated the external MX before you Disable the external MX für customer.

• I have turned off the external email server. Also there was not custom MX present in the domain's DNS. But mail bounced back still.

Do you want me to turn of external mail server, then set MX record and then come back here and turn off?

• Activate in Reseller Config for Domain. Then go to the Domain -> Mail Config and on the left side to external Mailfunction. Disable an go back to reseller and deactivate the external mailfunction for customer. (sorry for bad english ;) )

• Activate in Reseller Config for Domain. Then go to the Domain -> Mail Config and on the left side to external Mailfunction. Disable an go back to reseller and deactivate the external mailfunction for customer. (sorry for bad english ;) )

Worked perfectly. Thanks a lot!!!

• Activate in Reseller Config for Domain. Then go to the Domain -> Mail Config and on the left side to external Mailfunction. Disable an go back to reseller and deactivate the external mailfunction for customer. (sorry for bad english )

@Bulli

Disabling the external mail feature for the customer at the reseller level shouldn't be required because once done, the customer cannot enable it for its other domains.. Is that done to force backend request to be triggered?

Normally, for deactivating the external mail feature for a domain, the following must be done by the customer:

• Remove custom MX DNS records through custom DNS mangement interface
    • Disable external mail feature through external mail feature interface

That all what customer should have to do. In the second step above, a backend request should be triggered automatically to force syncing of MTA map files. If that is not the case, we have a bug.

• It would be good if the deactivation by the reseller and the feature is disabled at the customer. I had the same problem and just happened to be reseller again. Otherwise I would not have seen that it is still active with the customer.

• @Bulli

You didn't answer me... Maybe due to a language barrier so PLEASE:

CURRENT BEHAVIOR (step by step) ???

• Step one
    • Step two

EXPECTED BEHAVIOR (step by step) ???

• Step one
    • Step two

Thanks.