Loading sites too slow - CPU Load and Memory too high - IO Performance in Proxmox 4.2

• Hello.

I have a new install in a virtualized box. A OVH (So you start) server with Proxmox 4.2, Debian 8.5, the containers are LXC.

The main host is a Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1245 V2 @ 3.40GHz, 8 cores, 32GB RAM.

The virtual container has a fresh install of Ubuntu Server 14.4 with Imscp 1.2.17.

The panel has only one site running, with a Drupal 7 site.

When I try to access a page it takes about 7 to 10 seconds to load. The cpu load increases to 2.00 or 3.00 in the container and the main host.

Accessing to a cached page is very fast.

Watching the processes I see php5-cgi and mysqld that are on top.

I've tested both php-fpm and fcgi.

I'm thinking that I there is a bottleneck in somewhere but don't know where is the problem.

I have other server with an old ispcp panel but similar hardware, with about 20 sites running and I don't have any similar issues.

Any idea of what is the problem?

Thanks.

• First upgrade to 1.3.0 please. Second try with a fresh drupal installation without any plugins...

• First upgrade to 1.3.0 please. Second try with a fresh drupal installation without any plugins...

Thanks for your reply.

I tried 1.3.0 with Ubuntu 16.04, but the panel failed when adding a new domain. I had a bind mounting error (read only), Because of this I ended installing 1.2.x.

I'm going to try a fresh drupal install and test it on 1.2.x

• You can also try with 1.2.17 (don't need to "upgrade" to 1.2.x), because this bug shouldn't have something to do with imscp :)

• Well. I've tested a new Drupal 7 site installation with dummy content.

The pages loads a little faster but the problem is still there. Cpu load average increase till 3 or 4 when I open one or two more tabs and try to open other pages.

I have a server for development (also virtualized with proxmox, but openvz instead LXC) with the same Drupal site, and is quite fast.

I don't understand the reason of having a server with better hardware working worse.

The imscp panel is fast and it doesn't increase the cpu load average too much.

About memory consumption apache 2 has allocated 2GB and mysqld 1GB.

• Not 100% sure but I think it's because of your VM..

• @amorales

You can install 1.3.0 even on LXC where bind mounts is not allowed. You must only think to deactivate the mount of httpd logs directories. See https://github.com/i-MSCP/imsc…t_customer_logs-parameter

For your problem:

Firstly, you must be aware that Drupal is known to be a big resource consumer. Unfortunately, without further info, we cannot help you.

• PHP version in use?
    • APCu ? Opcache in use?
    • How many memory assigned to the LXC container?
    • How many CPU assigned to the LXC container?
    • i-MSCP server implementation in use (ITK, Fcgid, PHP-FPM)?

It is possible that in your case, the default configuration as provided by i-MSCP doesn't fit your need. We could investigate on your server directly and adjust your configuration if needed. If so, you're free to contact us privately.

Thank you.

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206

• You can install 1.3.0 even on LXC where bind mounts is not allowed. You must only think to deactivate the mount of httpd logs directories. See github.com/i-MSCP/imscp/blob/1…t_customer_logs-parameter

@Nuxwin Thanks for the tip. I've tested a new installation with a Debian MV and Imscp 1.3.0. But the problem is still there. The system is quite slow and cpu load increases up to 4.5

Concerning to the first MV configuration:

PHP version in use? 5.5.9
    APCu ? Opcache in use? Default drupal cache. Database cache.
    How many memory assigned to the LXC container? 6 GB
    How many CPU assigned to the LXC container? 4 GB
    i-MSCP server implementation in use (ITK, Fcgid, PHP-FPM)? Fcgid (At the beginning I also tested php-fpm)

• How many CPU assigned to the LXC container? 4 GB

You surely mean 4 Cores ;)

Well, FPM is better than Fcgid.

Again, we can investigate your server if you want. Just enter in contact with us in private.

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206