Posts by jackstone

    Hello guys,

    I'm importing some E-mail accounts from an old installation and some of the passwords are weaker.

    If i try to set the old password i-MSCP is giving an error that the "Password must contain letters and numbers".

    Is there anyway in the i-MSCP settings to disable this and allow the weak passwords ?!

    I have another server with 1.5.3 on which I can set a weak password without problem so there must be some settings that differ between the server that allows weak passwords and the server that doesn't, both run on the latest 1.5.3 version.

    I tried to look in /etc/impsc/imscp.conf and search the forums but couldn't find any mention.

    Normally I would tell users to just update the passwords to more complex ones, but I have a few cases with customers who are unable to do that, so I must use the old passwords when I move the domain. (at least for now)



    Thanks for your reply!

    From what I can tell the allow-transfer { localhost; }; was the problem it was overriding the main config with allow-transfer { slaves; } I changed that in every record on all servers and now it seems to be working.

    One question remains, do I have to edit named.conf.local every time I add a new domain for a client adding { localhost ; slaves; } or is there some setting in i-MSCP that can do that automatically ?!

    Thanks for all the help!

    Nuxwin exactly !! 100% correct !

    I added allow transfer & notify on the i-MSCP servers in named.conf.options and it works.

    I also saw that on the master there is only { localhost } in the named.conf.local but the transfer works if I set allowed servers in named.conf.options so I didn't bother to add { localhost ; masters ; } in the named.conf.local + I wasn't sure if i-MSCP replaces that file and I would just edit it until next i-MSCP restart and than the file is overwritten.

    The thing that I cannot understand is why in God's name do the zones expire on ns1 & ns2 after one week. It's really really bad because I cannot know for sure when a zone expires and suddenly I get calls from customers that the domain is not working and it's happened 2-3 times already, people are getting frustrated and with good reason.

    Any ideas ?!

    Hello everyone,

    I've been having problems these past few weeks with the transfer of zone files between i-MSCP 1.5.3 latest version master servers and their very old ispCP slave servers. Every week or so, the domains stop working on the slave servers (ispCP) until i manually edit the zone file on the slave and change the serial number of the zone. Then I manually restart bind and the zone transfer begins again and the domains work. Needless to say this is very bad, having to manually edit all the zone files each week is becoming a nightmare. Any ideas how to fix this ?

    Bellow is the setup :

    - All domains have ns1 & ns2 setup as NS servers.

    - ns1 & ns2 are the SLAVE servers running an outdated ispCP version.

    - All domains are setup as MASTER on the specific server where they are hosted with websites / e-mails on i-MSCP 1.5.3 latest version.

    Slave 1 /etc/bind/named.conf.options :

    Slave 1 /etc/bind/named.conf.local

    Master of a zone with problems running on i-MSCP 1.5.3 latest :

    - named.conf.options :

    Master named.conf.local on i-MSCP 1.5.3 latest :

    1. zone "" {
    2. type master;
    3. masterfile-format raw;
    4. file "imscp/master/";
    5. allow-transfer { localhost; };
    6. notify yes;
    7. };

    Logs from bind :

    1. 05-Mar-2019 12:00:01.838 zone ......../IN: expired
    2. 05-Mar-2019 12:00:01.838 zone ........./IN: expired
    3. 05-Mar-2019 12:00:01.838 zone ...../IN: expired
    4. 05-Mar-2019 12:00:01.839 zone ........./IN: expired

    The old ispCP slave servers are running on Debian 6

    The latest i-MSCP 1.5.3 2018 servers are running on Ubuntu 18.04

    Can anyone tell me what's wrong with this config and why I have to manually change the serial number of each zone in order to get it to work ?

    When the logs say that the zone is expired if I dig @localhost it doesn't resolve, if i change 1 number from the serial, restart bind and dig @localhost it rezolves without problem for about 1 week. After that it stops working and says the serial expired again.

    I'm going crazy here with this, please help!

    Hey tracer thanks for your reply!


    # netstat -luntep|grep 443

    tcp 0 0 *:8443* LISTEN 0 4031892 18077/nginx: master

    tcp6 0 0 :::443 :::* LISTEN 0 4091968 4142/apache2

    tcp6 0 0 :::8443 :::* LISTEN 0 4031893 18077/nginx: master

    And SSL Labs says :


    Assessment failed: No secure protocols supported

    It is very weird, I have another server with the exact same configuration, i checked each file in /etc/apache2 , i checked enable modules of apache, they are identical, on one server everything works fine, and this one it doesn't. I even checked apache2 related installed packages, same version and same packages installed on both servers, I'm really lost, no idea where to look next :/

    A more verbose curl.