Options for 1.1.0 beta upgrade

• Hi All,

Just wondering, for the upgrade, is there or will there be options to leave the webmail untouched and also to leave postfix files (at least main.cf and master.cf) intact? I think giving the choice on whether or not to do such things during upgrade is a good option.

I changed out squirrelmail for roundcube, but now use afterlogic webmail lite, and don't want it changed, right now anyways ;)

Also, I have modified my postfix main.cf and master.cf files, as I have a postfix/dovecot/spamassassin/clamav setup that is finely tuned.

Will the imscp upgrade overwrite those files? I have changed the original imscp master files it has also.

Thanks for any info :)

• anarking

Sorry for answer here but how did you implement spamassassin and clamav ? May there is something to optimize in my offical setup. Do you use sql bayes per user?

Thanks & Greez
    BeNe

• Hi BeNe,

Pardon the delay. I just do simple global filtering with spamassassin and clamav. Basically I do reject (so no bounce spam can happen) and have the rest go through, marked as spam.

I keep levels relatively low, and have postgrey off. It is the same for all users. I get no false positives, and very little spam gets through.

I prefer to do this because I don't want the mail servers getting bombarded with spam that has to get processed, I'd rather reject it before it comes in, and this works well.

I really think the upgrade script should just give an option to leave things alone (upgrade postfix config files? yes/no), or integrate find/replace and add (for new lines) when dealing with master.cf and main.cf files. Mail is just too customizable to wipe it clean everytime like that.

Happy to help with this implementation.