[NOT i-MSCP RELATED] ProFTPd 1.3.5 with TLS enable = Slow directory display

• @Bulli => I can share the compiled lib with you with no guarantee.

As Ninos say, best way would be to compile ProFTPd by yourself, but this can be a little "tricky".

As the related change, for this particular issue, was only change on a particular module of ProFTPd, I keep using the actual release (provided by Debian) of ProFTPd with the latest version of the module (the .SO file), it's working for me.

The main advantage there is that I'll be able to update ProFTPd using apt, and keep using those sources (and didn't break anything with i-MSCP setup).

• Hi,

Thank you. I've imscp 1.2.9, Jessie 8.1. Your file work with this?

• At Debian 8.1 is only ProFTPd 1.3.5 Supported.

https://packages.debian.org/se…es&keywords=proftpd-basic

It seems that first at Version stretch, they will upgrade to 1.3.5a. I have done on Debian 8 an Upgrade to 1.5.3b and it works fine also with systemd, proftpd.conf ... but you must think on, that it is compiled by yourself, when there comeout some exploits or sth. else.

The Upgrade is quiet easy:

service proftpd stop

wget ftp://ftp.proftpd.org/distrib/source/proftpd-1.3.5b.tar.gz

tar xzvf proftpd-1.3.5b.tar.gz

cd proftpd-1.3.5b

./configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc/proftpd --with-includes=/usr/include/mysql --mandir=/usr/share/man -localstatedir=/var/run --libexecdir=/usr/lib/proftpd --enable-autoshadow --with-modules=mod_readme --enable-ipv6 --build x86_64-linux-gnu --enable-openssl --enable-ctrls --enable-dso --enable-nls --enable-pcre --enable-shared --with-shared=mod_ifsession:mod_ifversion:mod_deflate:mod_copy:mod_unique_id:mod_facl:mod_sftp_pam:mod_sftp:mod_site_misc:mod_ratio:mod_shaper:mod_exec:mod_dynmasq:mod_sql:mod_wrap2_file:mod_wrap2:mod_ban:mod_load:mod_rewrite:mod_wrap:mod_quotatab_radius:mod_quotatab_file:mod_quotatab:mod_radius:mod_tls:mod_ctrls_admin:mod_sql_mysql

make
    make install

root@web1:~/proftpd-1.3.5b# proftpd -v
    ProFTPD Version 1.3.5b

service proftpd start

After this, i tested the Filemanager, Login with an system User and the Directory Checkbox at FTP User Create and all seems to work fine. But if not, there is all the time a rouleback possible.

apt-get remove proftpd
    apt-get install proftpd

and there is 1.3.5 back :)