Dovecot Namespace und Quota

• Hallo zusammen,

kann man bei Dovecot einfach den Namespace ändern ohne Probleme?

Ich muss nach jedem Update den Namespace von INBOX. auf folgendes ändern und das ist ein wenig lästig.

Code
    1. namespace inbox {
    2. separator = .
    3. prefix =
    4. inbox = yes
    5. type = private
    6. }

Und deshalb möchte ich diesen an die Standardeinstellungen angleichen. Aktualisieren das die Clients automatisch oder wird es hier Probleme mit den IMAP Clients geben?

Außerdem würde mich sehr interessieren ob es irgendwann mal die Möglichkeit gibt die Email Quota abzuschalten. Ich finde es zwar sinnvoll aber es sollte auch die Möglichkeit geben das dieses Limit unabhängig vom Webspace gesetzt werden kann um z. B. zwar den Webspace aber nicht den Emailspeicher zu limitieren. Bislang scheint das ja nicht zu funktionieren, denn das setzen von Quota 0 (unbegrenzt) funktioniert nur wenn auch das Webspacelimit auf 0 steht.

Ich verwende zur Zeit die Version: 1.1.12

Vielen Dank!
    Gruss
    AngelKing

• @AngelKing

Hello ;

Since you're talking about something related to the development, I would recommend you to translate your text in English because here, only me and @Ninos could answer you.

Thank you ;)

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206

• Hy Nuxwin,

okay i try it ^^

Is it possible to change the Namespace for Dovecot from "separator = ." to "INBOX." without problems with the mail clients?

After every update of my installation i change this namespace from "separator = INBOX." to "separator = ." in my dovecot configuration.
    I know that courier has this default namespace but not dovecot.

And the second question. Is it possible to split the webspace and email quota with seperate settings, so i can set each quota separately without relation. I think the easiest way was a switch to active or deactivate relation to webspace quota for email accounts.

As example, i limit the webspace to 512MB then i can´t set the email limit to unlimited, but i won´t set a email limit to this user. Currently a modify the configuration files to deactivate the email quota. And next it was fine to set email account quota without relation to max. email quota. We have some users with more than 100 email accounts but not all need 100MB quota, some need 1000MB and some 500MB is is not easy to balance the email quota limit with so many accounts. If i set it to automatic some accounts have a to low or a to high quota limit.

I hope you understand my problems.

Thank you!

best regards
    AngelKing

• @AngelKing

Namespace

I must first check that this doesn't pose any problem when switching to courier and vice-versa

Quota

Current implementation is bad and I'll rewrite it soon.

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206

• @Nuxwin

i won´t change the mailsystem but the installer change this to INBOX. in every update of the installation. I will try to change it ^^

Quota:

Nice to hear ^^

• Hi @Nuxwin,
    I would appreciate it as well if the prefix is blank in the default config. If you have a look in the standard configuration of dovecot on Debian, you will see that the prefix option isnt set.

Thanks and Greets
    Chris