Roundcube - Connection to storage server failed.

• Hello everyone,

After a php/apache/mysql upgrade via apt-update and a server reboot, I'm no longer able to login to the webmail. Roundcube says: Connection to storage server failed.
    The log says:

Jan 29 07:53:13 server roundcube: PHP Error: Failed to load plugin file /var/www/imscp/gui/public/tools/webmail/plugins/imscp_pw_changer/imscp_pw_changer.php in /var/www/imscp/gui/public/tools/webmail/program/lib/Roundcube/rcube_plugin_api.ph line 224 (POST /tools/webmail/?_task=login&_action=login)
    Jan 29 07:53:13 server roundcube: IMAP Error: Login failed for ***@*****.com from 94.242.***.****. Could not connect to imap.server.****.com:143: php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known in /var/www/imscp/gublic/tools/webmail/program/lib/Roundcube/rcube_imap.php on line 184 (POST /tools/webmail/?_task=login&_action=login)

There is no problem to telnet to imap.server.***.com on port 143. So I guess, there is no DNS error.
    I'm still on i-mscp 1.1.5.

Any help is appreciated :)

• Hello Chris,

Thanks for your answer. Yes the local DNS Server is running:

***@server:/etc/bind # ps aux | grep bind
    bind 5265 0.0 0.2 173872 23856 ? Ssl 09:45 0:00 /usr/sbin/named -4 -u bind
    *** 5319 0.0 0.0 7836 888 pts/1 S+ 09:48 0:00 grep bind

• Ok there seems to be the error

All my other domains hosted on the server are available except for the server.***.com. But from outside, server.***.com is available as well

• Ok,

I'm not the BIND expert. But can you give some entries of

Code
    1. /etc/resolv.conf
    2. /etc/hostname
    3. /etc/hosts

Is in the /etc/bind/named.conf.local the FQHN of your server?

• Ok problem solved.
    My server.***.com.db in /var/cache/bind had the wrong owner, i changed it to bind:bind and now it's working again.

Thanks for your help Chris