Merge two VServer to one

• Hi community,

my task is to merge two Vserver to one. The Vserver to migrate has plesk on board. My VServer has i-MSCP as it should be ;).

We have added all of the mail accounts to the new server, but the I-MSCP Frontend doesn't tolerate our "old" passwords, because of the default policy, which is better than plesk ones.
    Our main goal is, that no password change is required for existing clients. For new clients, the new policy is no problem.

First we've added all the mail accounts with new passwords. Now i'm trying to change all passwords to the old ones, directly in the I-MSCP database.
    My question is, what script do i need to call that my password changes are written down to courier or something else. Maybe there is plenty of software where the password change takes place. Can someone advise? This would be nice.

Kind regards,
    Moellers Oma

Edited once, last by moellers_oma ().

• If you set the Mail-Passwords directly into the database you have not to reload something. They working immediately after the change in the database because dovecout/courier get the passwords directly from the db.

• only Dovecot read password from db. For Courier you have to set email status to change and run imscp-rqst-mngr. Postfix also need to read and store password so you set password into database, change status column to "change" and run imscp-rqst-mngr.

Edited once, last by oldev01 ().

• only Dovecot read password from db. For Courier you have to set email status to change and run imscp-rqst-mngr. Postfix also need to read and store password so you set password into database, change status column to "change" and run imscp-rqst-mngr.

works like a charm :P
    Thank you for that tip.

Greetz, Moellers Oma