Some mails won´t be delivered

• I setup a new server with debian squeeze and i-mscp.

After a couple of days I was wondering, ´cause some emails wouldn´t come into my mailbox. Instead of this I get a message like:

Code
    1. Apr 16 21:53:38 XXXXX postfix/policyd-weight[12021]: decided action=550 temporarily blocked because of previous errors - retrying too fast. penalty: 30 seconds x 0 retries.; <client=XX.XX.XX.XXXX> <helo=mail.mt66.de> <[email protected]> <[email protected]>; delay: 0s

Q: Why that/ what´s going on here?

A: Every incoming mail would be checked if it´s possible that it is SPAM or not. For that it does give a white- (non SPAM) and blacklist (100% SPAM). But between white and black it does give many kinds of grey. And so it does give a greylist, too.

BUT: This greylist is not just one list. It get many infos out of more than one listing. And there is the problem. One of these listings was going down some time ago. The greylist try to connect to this not existing list and return a error. Sometimes the AntiSPAM-System is thinking that this mail is SPAM and deleted it.

To remove this problem follow these steps:

• Open this file
      /etc/policyd-weight.conf
    • search for

Code
      1. 'rbl.ipv6-world.net', 4.25, 0, 'IPv6_RBL'

• commend this line out

Code
      1. # 'rbl.ipv6-world.net', 4.25, 0, 'IPv6_RBL'

• save the file and restart your mailserver.

Now your problem has gone (I hope so). On my server it works now.

PS: Sorry for my english - but - it´s 0100 a.m. and I´m tiered :shy:

PPS: If someone finds errors/ mistakes - you can have them :P (no! please give me an info, so I can correct it)

Edited once, last by TobiasTM ().