Python hosting support

• Hello ;

You should be normally able to run python scripts as CGI programs already. Here, I suppose that you want support for mod_python or mod_wsgi so... For instance, we are running our trac instance through Apache and mod_wsgi ;)

Refs:

https://docs.python.org/2/howto/webservers.html

Files

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206

• Just a sidekick from me...

using mod_wsgi can be inefficient as it is loaded into every apache process (just as mod_php). So it might be okay if you run many different python-sites and no php. In iMSCP we more have this multihosting customer base. So it's kind off tricky to get a solution for those wanting PHP, then Python, then let's not forget about Ruby, Java/Groovy and so on.

I don't think that this is simple to accomplish with iMSCP. All later mentioned languages follow higher customized projects. For those virtual hosting like Docker/Git seems to be the way to go. Things like Heroku have way more expertise in this.

But for the simple cases of just running on or two sites with Python, check out these ideas:
    - run nginx as front proxy with static files/php-fpm
    - run uwsgi for python behind that nginx
    - alt: run apache/wsgi for python also behind the nginx
    - uwsgi could also be run with apache, but I'm not that big fan of apache anyway

As uwsgi is pretty much configured like fpm, it's perhaps not tooooo hard to write configuration wrappers for that ;) ... Then I just read that uwsgi could also run Ruby apps. So well, might be a direction to go...