InstantSSH v2.0.0 unknown error when creating SSH permissions

• Hello!

First: Nuxwin, thanks for your great plugin!!!! I will donate soon, when PayPal finally unlocked my account. Long story. Some problems with an customer at eBay...

Some specifications:

Debian 7.6 (Wheezy)
    today updated to the newest version from the 1.1.x branch
    Apache FPM
    Dovecot

The log file /var/log/imscp/Plugin_module_InstantSSH.log is empty.

So, when I create an SSH Permission, the status is "Unknown error". I tried it with 2 different customers. In the SQL table "instant_ssh_permissions" under "ssh_permission_status" the fields are clear. I've added some screenshots.

What's wrong? My fault?

Thanks in advance!

• @MR_LOLKOPF

Hello ;

Please, enable the debug mode in the imscp.conf file, set the ssh_permission_status field to tochange in the instant_ssh_permissions table and then run as root:

Shell-Script
    1. # perl /var/www/imscp/engine/imscp-rqst-mngr

Once you get an error, post the output and the /var/log/imscp/Plugin_module_InstantSSH.log content here ;)

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206

• Hello,

here the /var/log/imscp/Plugin_module_InstantSSH.log file:

I hope this helps! :)

After I runned "perl /var/www/imscp/engine/imscp-rqst-mngr" the field "ssh_permission_status" has been cleared. In the output of the request manager is no error or something like that.

• @MR_LOLKOPF

Ok, it's a little bug (eg,the usermod command cannot modify some user properties when the user is already used by a process. For now, I only kill any SSH process which belong to the user but I forgot about CGI processes and CO ;)

From man usermod

Code
    1. ...
    2. CAVEATS
    3. You must make certain that the named user is not executing any processes when this command is being executed if the user's numerical user ID, the user's name, or the user's home directory is being changed. usermod checks this on Linux, but only check if the user is logged in according to utmp on other architectures.
    4. ...

In my code, I modify the use home... OUCH.

I'll fix that now by changing the homedir manually ;)

Sorry for the disagreement ;)

• @MR_LOLKOPF

Should be fixed. See https://github.com/i-MSCP/plug…9b4656ec56aff58cb90d85656

I'll release the version 2.0.1 now ;)

• @MR_LOLKOPF

Ok, the new version 2.0.1 is now released. Update your current version, then change the status fields again to tochange if needed and try again ;)

• @MR_LOLKOPF

Any news?

• I'm not sure if this is normal behavior or not.

When I enter:

ls /var/www/virtual

as a customer, I can see all domains for which I enabled InstantSSH. Should this be so?

• Hello ;

This is normal because, by default, the plugin create a shared jail. In the shared jail, the customers can list the /var/www/virtual directory (so they can see the domains list) but they cannot look at their content normally. If you don't like such behavior, you must edit the plugin configuration file and set the shared_jail option to FALSE. Once it's done, you must update the plugin list to trigger change. The plugin will remove the shared jail and create a jail per customer. Be aware that this can take time (depending of number of user which have ssh permissions).

BTW: Next time, create another thread (one problem, one thread) ;)