Extended RemoteBridge plugin [UPDATE: 2014-11-30]

• Hello ;

From my side, I would recommend our community to not use that plugin (even more the version which includes the changes made by @FISA4). By using this plugin, you take many security risks (security issues, database corruption).

Of course, that is only my opinion which is given here because I do not want take any responsibility about this plugin which is an insult for our project. For those which know PHP a bit, just look at the code.

@FISA4

There is nothing personal here but you should really consider to learn before doing anything. When I say that this plugin is an insult for our project, I really weigh my words.

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206

• 1.)
    tell me where the security issues and database corruptions are !!!
    if i remember right, there were a lot of issues in i-MSCP and this issues are fixed after reporting !!!.

2.)
    Ninos didn´t changed the code in my repository, don´t blame him.

3.)
    I really think it´s personal agains me. And this makes me sad. :(

• @FISA4

• You're right but I do not ask someone to merge a PR without checking my code before ;) This is the problem I have with you here because if you look at your PR, you'll see all those undefined variables, all those typo and CS issues. I should not have to point them ;) An undefined variable can lead to corrupted data in some contexts. For the security issue, I'll not discuss this in public.
    • If @Ninos gives you some trust without even check the code, that's his problem. The fact is that copy-past without further check is not a serious work.
    • Nothing against you here. Maybe I should just merge and say nothing? Or maybe I should lost my time to point out all ? I'm sorry but I'm sick just by reading the changelog.

• I've just checked the event hooks not the code itself :) If someone want I can do it. Otherwise I would done it before merging it :)

• @Ninos

Would be great (even the CS issues such as camelCase variables, typo, readme.md which is a hell and so on). After my merge, I've started to do that but I was bored with all those issues... I don't say that all comes from you, nor from @FISA4 here.

You know how I'm working and what I expects. I'm already tired with the GUI code and so, I cannot accept such thing in the plugins.

Thanks.

• Yeah I know. The new code should be clean from the beginning, because otherwise it's more work for us to repair it later.
    @FISA4 can you add me as contributor to your repository? Think you implemented all the actions you wanted? I would fix the issues and after that I think it can be merged :)

• 1. Tell me the security issue with PM. The undefined variables in the code can i fix soon.

2. what's wrong to adapt already existing code if it comes from one of the i-MSCP developer?
    Because you should be able to rely on it in a clean code. or? (create -> update_dmn)
    replace the insert query with update query. why rewriting the whole hostingplan checking?
    i´ve trusted in the already existing code.

3. No, not merge and say nothing. i think you should offer constructive criticism and not call it shit (or, in this case as "insult" or "sick from reading the changelog")
    - this is my constructive criticism to you. ;)

i only want to help but maybe sometimes people needs hints (maybe a PM with "check for undefined variables"). This need not as much time like writing a long post where you wrote:

Hello ;
    From my side, I would recommend our community to not use that plugin (even more the version which includes the changes made by FISA4). By using this plugin, you take many security risks (security issues, database corruption).....

Or is it your opinion, a kind of cooperation in a community?

• Anyway don't be worried about my sentences... I'm not happy with my own code so I let you imagine... The fact is that as long we'll not rewrite that GUI, using a well structured code, we 'll continue to work like pigs...

• @FISA4

I'll not start a debate about why you must do thing like this or like that... Talk with @Ninos and he will maybe have the courage to explain you. Your way to code is something crazy. You have renamed many actions leading to many backward compatibility issues. And here, I don't talk about your way to code (all typo and indentation issues, your english)...

Please, take a look at the InstantSSH plugin code, the update_errata file, the CHANGELOG and also the code. Maybe you'll see the difference, not because it's my code (which I hate too) but because I'm trying to follow coding standard rules to help you if a day, you must fix something in it...

So ok I'm not always a good talker when I'm not happy with something but the fact is that I'm really tired when I see someone that don't care much.

I know that with Daniel the rules were let do it without any rules. We don't care as long this works. I also know that you have the same thinking... The problem with such way to think is that on the long term, this is not viable. The prove is the GUI which is really unmaintainable. Try to understand and maintain the software installer code and you 'll be crazy in few minutes. Almost everyone is able to code something with PHP because this language is really permissive but for such big project, we need pay attention because we are not alone.

Of course, my blame here can be annoying for you but I'm not your teacher, nor your mother.