admin panel not displayed when using a apache2 proxy for the oracle virtualbox

• Dear Reader,

I installed i-mscp at a Oracle virtualbox with Ubuntu 14.04 LTS Server on a Ubuntu 14.04 LTS Server, because it is possible to backup the complete virtualbox!

I googelt regarding the ip-forwarding of the Oracle virtualbox, because my forward from port 80 to port 80 did not work an found this articel:

http://stackoverflow.com/quest…albox-port-80-doesnt-work

So I installed a apache2 proxy that forwards to port 8080 due to forwarding this to the apache2 at the host (as described in the article).

Unfortunatly I get only a directory displayed and not the i-mscp web interface.

I tryed the public ip instead of the ip given by the virtualbox by reconfiguring i-mcsp. Then I give as FQDN admin.c. Nothing helps. I still only get a directory with the /HTML folder and the /VIRTUAL and /IMSCP folder displayed, but not the web interface by browsing to admin.subdomainname.domainname.de.

I run no dns server. I use the dns-service by a provider. I added the subdomain admin.subdomainname.domainname.de and a A-record with the public IP-adress. Still the same. Everytime i browse the admin.subdomainname.domainname.de or the pubic IP-Adress I get the apache directory displayed and not the i-mscp web interface.

I was wondering if anybody know where to search or what configuration to check, because I do not understand the virtual hosts files created by i-mscp completely yet.

Best regards,

Dirk Lehmann

• Hello ;

I'm sorry your problem has nothing to do with i-MSCP. In fact, your problem is about NAT translation (or port forwarding) which should be setup correctly in your router. I'm also using virtualbox and I've not such problem as long the router is setup correctly.

Thread moved.

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206

• I set some VirtualBox VMs and i have not troubles.

Set in your VM box as hostonly and then, forward port 80 (and others) with iptables in host server. Thats is I have and works fine.

Remember, setting NAT and forwarding ports through Virtualbox don't work for ports < 1024, so best solution, if you have only one public IP, is use hostonly and iptables in host to forwarding ports.

SaludOS/2