Adding extra ip to the server?

• Now you are getting to the point...
    As i see, you are mixing alias with domains.

domain -> the name of the domain.
    host -> the location where is hosted some part of the domain.
    alias -> something like a symlink to the host.

Nuxwin already explained it.

• Please, stop fighting for nothing here (eg: you must learn DNS and so on...). Anyway, for now, those entries are not used. You must just note that the dot is not allowed for the alias entry.

nuxwin@mdev:~$ man -L en hosts

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206

• Please, stop fighting for nothing here (eg: you must learn DNS and so on...). Anyway, for now, those entries are not used. You must just note that the dot is not allowed for the alias entry.

Agreed, arguiing is nonsense,
    Only one more thing, what about changing the string "alias" to something like:
    .- "local name"
    .- "hostname"
    .- "servername"
    .- "servername without domain"

It would avoid confusions, and it would be using the therminology from wikipedia I'd use "local name"

On the Internet, a hostname is a domain name assigned to a host computer. This is usually a combination of the host's local name with its parent domain's name

• Alias is the correct term. Please read the man hosts.

Optional aliases provide for name changes, alternate spellings, shorter hostnames, or generic hostnames (for example, localhost).

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206

• Ok, so forget about this, but don't be surprised when people expect that an alias will be a domain alias like on every other part of the control panel.

• Ok, so forget about this, but don't be surprised when people expect that an alias will be a domain alias like on every other part of the control panel.

I think you are the only one wrong here! All over the internet the term "alias" or "aliases" is used by webhosters to designate alternate methods of access a host.
    Take a look @ the biggest webhosters:
    - Godaddy.
    - Google.
    - Hostmonster.
    - Hostgator.
    - And many more...

So, you think you are right and everyone else is wrong?

Anyway, this topic doesn't have a reason to be.