i-MSCP Plugin for Joomla JoomISP

• You also have to buy JomISP ;)

That's something i don't understand! On their website they say that JomISP is free opensource... But then i can only obtain it if i subscribe a membership?
    That breaks all rules of GNU GPL License!
    If they say the plugin is released under GNU GPL License, the plugin must be available to anyone.

I don't want a membership with them... Also, i won't buy a plugin just for testing!

Edited once, last by xclanet ().

• I know what you mean. I don't like this way of GPL (The Dev of JoomISP stops a fork of it by court ;) ) Thats not the GPL way ;)

In my old Forum i had to delete all Threads where People talked about the JoomISP Fork ;)

Edited once, last by xorg ().

• I know what you mean. I don't like this way of GPL (The Dev of JoomISP stops a fork of it by court ;) ) Thats not the GPL way ;)

In my old Forum i had to delete all Threads where People talked about the JoomISP Fork ;)

Do you know any similar script?

• Sorry, no. No Free Script.

The only one i know is a bridge from WHMCS to Joomla.

That sucks! :(

I have JoomISP 1.0.2 but have to take a look deeper on the code to make it work on latest joomla.

Edited once, last by xclanet ().

• I understand the book now really the first I have to pay 35 Euros so I can test this script because I do not know yet even know this script will continue op angepast out because I just noticed it is version 1.2.1 out of mitlerweille JoomISP

my System :

- Distribution: Debian | Release: 9.13 | Codename: wheezy
    - i-MSCP Version: i-MSCP 1.5.3| Build: 20181208 | Codename: Ennio Morricone
    - Plugins installed: ClamAV (v. 1.3.0), Mailgraph (v 1.1.1), OpenDKIM (v 2.0.0), SpamAssassin (v 2.0.1)
    - LetsEncrypt (v3.3.0), PhpSwitcher (v 5.0.5), RoundcubePlugins (v 2.0.2)YubiKeyAuth 1.1.0

• Hello,

I'm the developer of JoomISP and only want to clarify a few things.

That's something i don't understand! On their website they say that JomISP is free opensource... But then i can only obtain it if i subscribe a membership?
    That breaks all rules of GNU GPL License!
    If they say the plugin is released under GNU GPL License, the plugin must be available to anyone.

OpenSource must not always be free and it's also not the idea of GNU GPL that everything must be free.

When we speak of free software, we are referring to freedom, not price. Our General Public Licenses are designed to make sure that you have the freedom to distribute copies of free software (and charge for them if you wish), that you receive source code or can get it if you want it, that you can change the software or use pieces of it in new free programs, and that you know you can do these things.

Source: http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-3.0.de.html

I know what you mean. I don't like this way of GPL (The Dev of JoomISP stops a fork of it by court ;) ) Thats not the GPL way ;)

You are mixing two different people here. I'm the dev of JoomISP but I didn't stop ispss by court. Also I didn't ask you to delete any threads in your forum. That was probably Marco di Prato of the ideenFabriken who ran JispCom (and NOT JoomISP).

You can try to ask someone, who bought it allready. The Script is released under GPL. So everyone can share it ;) But be carefull; the Author don't really know what OpenSource and GPL is ;)

I don't complain if you share JoomISP with other people. But only think of this: You are probably earning money with your webhosting and want a continously development and support. So don't you think it is fair to pay for that service?
    (If you are not earning money with it, write me an email and I will send you a copy of JoomISP for free.)

If you don't agree with that: enter JoomISP in google and download it from any warez site you find. I don't care about that.

Also you should read the GNU GPL carefully before saying that other people don't know what it is (see above).

Regards
    Jonas

Edited once, last by Jobra ().

• Thank you Jonas for clarify this." Opensource" means available source, not freeware :) . Good luck with your development, and if ever need clarifications about iMSCP, you can always ask us and you will get answers you need.

• Ok. i thought, this is Marko De Prato again ;) I don't like this Guy, because i had a lot of trouble with him. I don't know, that th original Author starts dev again. I Talk with Jonas via PM, to clarify some things :)