problems sent emails from two VPS with i-MSCP

• I have two servers "VPS", and the two I have the i-MSCP installing the latest version, I have both "Debian 6", and I have divided this way:

The main one is: server1.mydomain.com
    The second is: server2.mydomain.com

Access to control panels of each is:

The main one is: panel.server1.mydomain.com
    The second is: panel.server2.mydomain.com

Log in as the VPS number 1 and create an "A" with the domain of the same panel, so;

And everything works fine, the websites, the suddominios, etc etc, but the email does not work either: (

when I try to send an email from the "VPS 2" to the "VPS 1", all right, if it perfectly, but when I try to send from the "VPS 1" to the VPS 2 ", fails, and I get this message;

I need help please, I want to do is have multiple VPS and they all have the I-MSCP installed, locating different websites.

Thank you!

• Postfix log please ? (/var/log/mail.log)

"recipient address rejected : user unknow in virtual mailbox table" : check the recipient address

have you test to send email from external ? (gmail, hotmail etc. ... ?)

Debian 6 with proxmox 2 - OpenVZ - KVM
    I-mscp 1.0.3.0 migrate from ispcp 1.0.7
    dovecot + zarafa + z-push + maia mail guard + apacheITK

Edited once, last by krok ().

• We need more information. For example it is important to know what domains you are using. You do not have to give the real ones, but do not just replace everything with mydomain.com.

For example if the 2 server hostnames are server1.serverdomain.com and server2.serverdomain.com, the delivery may fail on one machine if you send to @serverdomain.com, because postfix thinks it is local mail. But if you send to @myfriend.com it works.

Also try to do some more (different tests). What mails are working, etc. And as suggested try to use external mail too, to test.

• We need more information. For example it is important to know what domains you are using. You do not have to give the real ones, but do not just replace everything with mydomain.com.

For example if the 2 server hostnames are server1.serverdomain.com and server2.serverdomain.com, the delivery may fail on one machine if you send to @serverdomain.com, because postfix thinks it is local mail. But if you send to @myfriend.com it works.

Also try to do some more (different tests). What mails are working, etc. And as suggested try to use external mail too, to test.

thanks for the help,

send an email from a hosted mail the "server2", to a outlook.com mail and sent it perfectly, and mail outlook.com, answered email, and all good,,, .. also send an email to a gmail email, and received correctly, and it also answered correctly ..., THIS DID from 2 VPS (VPS1, and VPS 2)

the name of the VSP 1 and VPS 2 is equal, I mean: server1. this name. com, server2. this name again. com

But I still have the problem that, if you sent an email from a VPS hosted mail one to the VPS 2 I get this message ERROR:

that's what I have to change?

many thanks

• But I still have the problem that, if you sent an email from a VPS hosted mail one to the VPS 2 I get this message ERROR:

So, what you are say is:

• You have vps1.thisname.com
    • You have vps2.thisname.com
    • thisname.com is hosted on vps1.thisname.com
    • [email protected] is a mail account on vps1.thisname.com
    • You are sending a mail through the SMTP on vps2.thisname.com to [email protected]

Correct?

If so, I suspect postfix tries to deliver mails locally on vps2.thisname.com instead of sending it to vps1.thisname.com

Check the /var/log/mail.log on both servers at the time you send the mail and post it here. You can replace the real hostnames, but please keep the relevant info. Do a 1:1 replacement. Not everything to mydomain.com and not the same thing to different names. Otherwise it will be impossible to understand ;)

• I'm sending an email from an email [email protected] to VPS2, attached the log of mail of both VPS

thanks for the help

update:

is very strange happens I'm just posting from [email protected] towards [email protected], but if I send from [email protected] to anotheremail, such email [email protected], arrives and responds correctly ...

What is happening?

Files

Edited once, last by alexhemingway ().

• ok, now take all the replacements you used and use them to create a list for both servers. Include: server FQDN, which domain is hosted where, custom DNS records in the admin panel, etc

what I can see from the log is, that it never sends out mails. The local MTA rejects the mail because it tries to find the recipient on the local server and it cannot find it

Code
    1. Jul 8 17:23:19 server1 postfix/smtpd[1126]: connect from server1.mydomain.com[123.4.56.78]
    2. Jul 8 17:23:19 server1 postfix/smtpd[1126]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from server1.mydomain.com[123.4.56.78]: 550 5.1.1 <[email protected]>: Recipient address rejected: User unknown in virtual mailbox table; from=<[email protected]> to=<[email protected]> proto=ESMTP helo=<panel.server1.mydomain.com>
    3. Jul 8 17:23:19 server1 postfix/smtpd[1126]: disconnect from server1.mydomain.com[123.4.56.78]
  • I tested in intodns.com all my domains hosted in the vps1 and vps2

is very strange happens I'm just posting from [email protected](image 1) towards [email protected] (image 2), but if I send from [email protected] to anotheremail, such email [email protected] (image 3) , arrives and responds correctly ...

Image 1:

Imagen 2:

Image 3:

thanks for being helping me so much, you're great!

What is happening, that I can do?

Edited once, last by alexhemingway ().

• What is happening, that I can do?

you are using way too much placeholders for your domains and you are changing them in every post you make. This makes it almost impossible to help.

Please provide a clear picture of your setup and stick to the same domain names. I still have no idea what domain is hosted where.

Anyway, I already gave you a hint about local delivery. Check that out ;)

• you are using way too much placeholders for your domains and you are changing them in every post you make. This makes it almost impossible to help.

Please provide a clear picture of your setup and stick to the same domain names. I still have no idea what domain is hosted where.

Anyway, I already gave you a hint about local delivery. Check that out ;)

apology, but I do not really understand or VPS server, recently I'm starting, it would be great if I could take a hand in more detail, what data do you need?, tell me and I provide you

again, thanks