User changed after ispCP update

• Hi,

why did the migration from ispCP 1.0.7 to the latest RC renumber all the users of the domains?

After the migration vu2001 and vu2002 is not used anymore and all domains were renumbered starting from vu2003. Is there a way to prevent this?

• open the /etc/imscp/imscp.conf and change vu2003 to vu2001 :-)

• open the /etc/imscp/imscp.conf and change vu2003 to vu2001 :-)

There is no such entry.

The only setting regarding users is:

Code
    1. SYSTEM_USER_PREFIX = vu
    2. SYSTEM_USER_MIN_UID = 2000

I just tried on a test system with a clean installation (master branch) and the first domain I create gets the user vu2003. vu2000 is used as well for the master stuff, but vu2001 and vu2002 are not used at all.

• Hello ;

This is because the ID of your customer is 3 in the admin table.

To resume:

SYSTEM_USER_PREFIX = vu
    SYSTEM_USER_MIN_UID =2000
    admin_id = 3

result: vu2003

Previously, we used the domain id but now, we are using the user id.

Thank you for using i-MSCP

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206

Edited once, last by Nuxwin ().

• OK, so having vu2003 the first domain is the expected outcome. vu2001 and vu2002 cannot be used because there will be at least one admin and one reseller, right?

I noticed that the migration sets the user rights of the web folder to the new users and it creates folders like the private one.

May I ask:
    - Does it completely rewrite all permissions in /var/www/virtual? What if I have files with different permissions in /var/www/virtual/domain/some_other_stuff?
    - Does the migration delete any files in /var/www/virtual

• Hello ;

A little overview:

• admin.admin_id are now used in place of the domain.domain_id (this is in prevision of planned features and enhancements such as:

• User account separation (A customer will no longer be linked to a domain)
      • SSH feature

• During any update, the i-MSCP HTTPD server implementation fixes the permissions as follow:

• Sets the permissions to 0750 (umask 027) for Web folders as created by i-MSCP only
      • Sets the permissions to 0640 (umask 027) for any file created by i-MSCP only
      • Sets the owner and group (vuxxxx:vuxxxx) for all directories and files located under the root Web folder (eg /var/www/virtual/<domain.tld>, which includes files as created by i-MSCP and files uploaded by the customer
      • In few cases and depending of the i-MSCP server implementation you are using, the group is set to www-data, user under which the Web server is running.

• In any case, customer files are not removed

Also, please read:

- http://forum.i-mscp.net/Thread…-already-incurrent-master
    - http://forum.i-mscp.net/Thread…a-for-release-1-1-0-rc2-1

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206

Edited once, last by Nuxwin ().