Disable installation of some services

• Mainly I'm looking to not install any email system as I'll be offloading that to a third-party provider. Is there a way to safely remove this step from the installation process?

• Hello ;

Question: How your customers will send mail from their sites?

Anyway, it's currently not possible to completely disable mail system on i-MSCP host. You can set one external mail servers for each of your customer through the panel. With last released version, you can also use hook to modify main.cf file at runtime (eg during install process). For instance, you can relay all mails to another host.

Thank you for using i-MSCP

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206

Edited once, last by Nuxwin ().

• Question: How your customers will send mail from their sites?

Either by using a provider of their own or I'll be setting up their domain to use Microsoft's email servers by default (outlook.com custom domains).

Anyway, it's currently not possible to completely disable mail system on i-MSCP host. You can set one external mail servers for each of your customer through the panel. With last released version, you can also use hook to modify main.cf file at runtime (eg during install process). For instance, you can relay all mails to another host.

But why shouldn't we be given the option to not install a mail system if we don't want it? Its extra overhead and many providers are going this similar route as well.

• Either by using a provider of their own or I'll be setting up their domain to use Microsoft's email servers by default (outlook.com custom domains).

But why shouldn't we be given the option to not install a mail system if we don't want it? Its extra overhead and many providers are going this similar route as well.

Re:

Anyway, it's currently not possible to completely disable mail system...

This doesn't mean that will be never possible. ;) Feel free to open a ticket.

Thank you for using i-MSCP

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206

• Well let me rephrase my question then: why is it impossible currently?

• Well let me rephrase my question then: why is it impossible currently?

Because for example the control panel needs an mailing service. Otherwise you will find lots of error messages in your log files. You can remove this services, but it is not recommented.

• Because for example the control panel needs an mailing service. Otherwise you will find lots of error messages in your log files. You can remove this services, but it is not recommented.

So essentially I need to install a resource-using service that will be doing nearly nothing to use i-MSCP?

Is there an ETA on rectifing this?

Edit Also, how do you post a ticket in the repo? I'm logged in but can't do anything but make a pull request.

Edited once, last by ehansen ().