strange problem with mail

• hello friends I have a very rare problem with mail .. when I try to configure my "Microsfot Oulook" I finished output verify sel SMTP, and when I use the mails with webmail, I can only send but not receive. .

this is my status server:

the port 25 and the 110 is fine,, so.. what is the problem?

thank you all for the help you can give me

Edited once, last by danielpz ().

• We need to see your mail logs, and are you sure port 25 is open to the outside world?
    Normally if you are hosting it privately your private ISP will block port 25 to avoid you ending as a spam source.

thank you very much for responding so quickly, I do not know exactly where you see the "mail log", but I tell you now if I can receive emails, but it takes a lot to receive , and I can see from the "web mail" but when I try to configure with the "Microsoft Outlook" I still dating the same error:

and do not understand what is the problem?

NOTE: I am used my VPS buy in intovps.com

• You mail log is found in /var/log/mail.log

I'm pretty sure the error you have in your Outlook is caused by Port 25 being blocked by your private ISP. I can't say this for sure, since I don't understand Spanish.

Try from you VPS to write:

telnet i-mscp.net 25

what is the result?

• Thanks man, the result of write telnet i-mscp.net 25 is this:

and stays there, frozen

that's normal?,

• Then the problem is most likely your ISPs, that they block port 25.

To get out of the screen write: quit
    and click enter.

Did it work when you used webmail, I don't quite understand what to you wrote about that earlier.
    If that does not work, please provide the mail.log result.

• This is my mail.log of all this day, Mail Log 27-04-2013

Thanks for the help

• Looks to be working just fine.

So you can send and receive from the webmail correct?

Then you might wan't to connect to your SMTP via port 465 in Outlook instead of 25, that might solve your problem.

Yes, yes can receive front the webmail, send and receive is fine,, but.. now, then I configure my microsofot outlook programa, with the port 465,

I used the google translator to translate for the message that is in Spanish,:

Send email message test: Outlook can not connect to the outgoing mail server (SMTP). if you still get this message please contact provider server administrator or Internet access (ISP)

you are a very kind person

Note;: I dont understund too what is the problem :(