Just a good bye 🫡

• Hi there, for those of you still around the corner :)

It's time, time to change, I waited as much as I could, but I can't remain on an OS which isn't maintained anymore, where Surry also drop the support for it.

Trying to pass on Debian 11 this release would have been a pain (mostly with Let's Encrypt), so as far as the security is a main concern for me, I had to drop it.

Also, we were a few waiting on a newer version, which may arrive one day or another, but too late for me (Debian 10 + i-MSCP 1.5.3 which is 5 years old too (PHP7... EoL in Jan 2019 (and Dec 2019 for 7.1)).

The only reason I sticked on it was the fact that this system isn't overused and so, not a big security threat.

Anyways, 48 Hours to migrate to another system, but here I'm, I can now breathe a little knowing Debian 12 is under support until mid-2028 (even though I have some configs to correct).

Thanks Nuxwin for this panel which helped me a lot in managing my server effortless, wish you the best for the future to you and everyone that was involved in this journey !

Was some nice 15 years or so (iSPCP then here 😋)

Cya 🫡

Edited once, last by Athar ().

• I'm still looking for a i-mscp replacement but I can't find anything I could like. Damn. :)

• Well, for sure, i-MSCP was a good solution, and finding something similar is hard 😁

KeyHelp could have been a way to go (where an old user of this panel made a migration script to move on it), but the code is obfuscated/crypted ==> It's a "No Go" (if one day, they make it as a "pay solution", you'll be stuck with it and will suffer a lot).

In the end, I chose to go with ISPConfig (which have Let's Encrypt, and also DNSSEC support).

The "bad counterpart" with it is that all the stuff is mostly manual (you can define a template for the DNS, but that's all).

Creating a web site, where i-MSCP create the DNS, default mail accounts, etc... aren't made with ISPConfig, every section need to be done manually.

Some good points though : Emails account are easily "migrable" as you can keep the salted password from i-MSCP to this new system (moving over 125 mails accounts (+ approx. 200 forward accounts), with the data migration, had been made in 2-3 hours).

There might be other solutions available, but it was a long old time plan to move to ISPConfig (2012 😂 but then, i-MSCP did rise, and this initial plan was gone).

Good luck in finding the one that fit your need 😉

• Until now I tested Sentora, Keyhelp, Ajenti, ISPConfig and those did not impressed me to choose one. The last one that looks and feels kind of OK is Hestiacp. It has a comunity and forum is alive, as far as I can see it is a team behind the project, I also notice some git activity so project is active. I have to do more tests and understand how things are working, but all good so far, not as great as i-mscp but could be a replacement...