SpamAssassin - Move SPAM emails to junk folder

• Hi,

I am using the SpamAssassin plugin with I-MSCP 1.5.1, and I need to move the SPAM email sto the Junk folder.

I can configure the rejection level in the plugin's config.php file, but it would be better to just move the SPAM emails instead of rejecting everything, so the customers can still find the emails marked as SPAM.

Can someone help me achieve this?

Thanks in advance,

Zsolt Gyure

• zsoltgyure

SpamAssassin will not do that for you. SpamAssassin will only rewrite/add mail headers, nothing more. You need another layer to move SPAM in the Junk folder. Assuming that you're using Dovecot, you need to install sieve. Best would be to wait for next i-MSCP release in which sieve will be enabled by default, and the spams moved automatically into the Junk folder when those are flagged as SPAM, that is, when they contains the X-Spam-Flag header with value YES.

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206

• Nuxwin

Added the Label question (answered)
  • Hi,

Thank you for your answer. Alright I'll wait for the update, is it safe to update I-MSCP from my current 1.5.1 version to the latest? To be honest, I've never had the courage to update it. :blush:

• Hi,

Thank you for your answer. Alright I'll wait for the update, is it safe to update I-MSCP from my current 1.5.1 version to the latest? To be honest, I've never had the courage to update it. :blush:

Update to latest i-MSCP release shouldn't pose any problem but I would recommend you to wait for the next maintenance version which will be released in few days.

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206