After Upgrade to 1.4 - addMail error and no secure password transmission to smtp /imap

• Hey there,

so I today Upgraded from 1.3 to 1.4. Installation went fine for me, but after the installer was finished i got this message:

Code
    1. [Mon Mar 27 16:30:23 2017] [warn] Servers::mta::postfix::addMail: Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at /usr/local/src/imscp-1.4.0/engine/PerlLib/Servers/mta/postfix.pm line 535.

And in addation to that my mailclient, I get the error, that no suitable secure authentification method is offered by the server. I should use a unsecure one.
    (SMTP server do not offer secure/encrypted password transmission)

Sending mails from roundcube is fine. Don't really know if things are related, but both are problems regarding mails ;-) (as it seems)

Any suggestions? I also tried to reconfigure everything with the auto-installer. but still no changes :(

I just found the error above in the Modules::Mail.log
    No specific errors or any other weird stuff in other logs as I can see till now.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

• I'll check this.

Edit: In your database, there is a wrong entry regarding default mail accounts (forwarded email). You should check for mail_forward field with null value in the mail_users table.

For instance, you should run the following SQL query to find them:

SQL
    1. # mysql
    2. > use imscp;
    3. > SELECT mail_id FROM mail_users WHERE mail_acc RLIKE '^abuse|hostmaster|postmaster|webmaster$' AND ! mail_forward
    4. > \q

And in addation to that my mailclient, I get the error, that no suitable secure authentification method is offered by the server. I should use a unsecure one.
    (SMTP server do not offer secure/encrypted password transmission)

Sending mails from roundcube is fine. Don't really know if things are related, but both are problems regarding mails (as it seems)

I would want be in front of you to give you a slap :cursing: Why ? Because in the annoucement there is a big warning saying: WARNING - Before updating your i-MSCP installation, don't forget to read the errata file WARNING

And in the errata file? https://github.com/i-MSCP/imsc…md#mail-account-passwords

So, either your're blind or even worse, just stupid ;)

Thread closed.

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206