Questions regarding migration from ispCP to i-MSCP

• Greetings!

I’m brand new to i-MSCP (but an old hand at ISPCP-Ω) and I’m having a couple of issues for which I am not finding answers in the forums. Thanks in advance for any help, even if it is pointing me to relevant posts that I have missed. Also, I have read the errata but I am not clear on the “Duplicate mounts” section (which may apply to me). I hope to begin migration of domains from my old box this week.

My (BRAND NEW) configuration

• AMD Opteron(tm) Processor 4332 HE (6 Cores) @ 3 GHz
    • 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD RAID-1, Advanced phase of moon detection (properly aligned, fully calibrated and certified by NASA and UMW)
    • Ubuntu 14.04.5 (Trusty Tahr), absolutely current.
    • Current Apache2, PHP, MySQL, ProFTP, Dovecot (IMAP/POP3), postfix, etc.
    • i-MSCP 1.3.8 (YAY!)

Issues:

• As a test, I tried adding a test domain and then deleting it. The domain deletion gets “stuck” in “Processing.” Running the installer with the -d flag was helpful—it told me that the domain’s log files could not be deleted/unlinked because they were in use (“device or resource busy”, I believe). The “fix” is to run fsck (touch /forcefsck & reboot now) and then click delete again. Can anybody suggest why this might be happening? (Neither lsof nor fuser were of any help.)
    • (Only because I am guessing it might possibly be related. If not, please advise and I will create a new thread over there…) Installation of “ServerDefaultPage” plugin fails with a status of: “Failure in the package. Deleting!” and an alert: “Your package is corrupt. Please correct it!”

Again, thanks in advance for any suggestions you may be able to provide. I’m off to carve the turkey! :cool:

/\/\___

There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those who understand binary numbers and those who do not.

Regards,

/\/\___

“There are 10 kinds of people. Those who understand base-2 and those who do not.”

Edited once, last by innodapt ().

• Good evening and welcome in our community,

Also, I have read the errata but I am not clear on the “Duplicate mounts” section (which may apply to me).

This doesn't applies to your case. However, be aware that you cannot upgrade from ispCP to i-MSCP 1.3.8 directly. Migration support for ispCP has been dropped in i-MSCP version 1.2.16. Therefore, you must first migrate your ispCP installation to i-MSCP 1.2.15 and once, update to i-MSCP 1.3.8.

As a test, I tried adding a test domain and then deleting it. The domain deletion gets “stuck” in “Processing.” Running the installer with the -d flag was helpful—it told me that the domain’s log files could not be deleted/unlinked because they were in use (“device or resource busy”, I believe).

For a fresh installation of i-MSCP 1.3.8, this shouldn't occurs. If you get that error again, give us the result of the following command: findmnt -o source,target,propagation

(Only because I am guessing it might possibly be related. If not, please advise and I will create a new thread over there…) Installation of “ServerDefaultPage” plugin fails with a status of: “Failure in the package. Deleting!” and an alert: “Your package is corrupt. Please correct it!”

The error message you''ve received here doesn't comes from the i-MSCP plugin management interface, it comes from the software installer. The DefaultServerPage plugin is a plugin, not a software package. The plugin management interface is available at the administrator UI level (settings section).

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206

• @innodapt

Thread subject updated.
    Thread moved in the migration forum.

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206

• Thank you! There’s nothing like a devoted open-source community.

Oh, yes. I was indeed aware that a scripted migration path was available, but for a number of reasons I opted to “migrate” my domains manually and one at a time. There is a significant amount of IP re-addressing involved for me, plus all-new hardware, OS, etc. So this case really is a clean install and NOT an ISPCP migration. (I mentioned ISPCP only for context.) Both of my questions are more newbie issues than migration ones, as both issues were discovered in testing on a completely clean installation.

The domain deletion issue is ongoing (except for my workaround). It happens every time. But I have discovered that no fsck is necessary as part of the workaround, just a reboot. As requested, here is the output of the findmnt command:

• findmnt: unknown column: propagation

Omitting “propagation” (since it is not an available column for me), I only get:
    • devpts /dev/pts

Again, lsof and fuser are of no use.

As for the plugin issue:

The DefaultServerPage plugin is a plugin, not a software package.

Wow! Total newbie mistake. Yes! Thank you! I’m on the right track now.

Regards,

/\/\___

“There are 10 kinds of people. Those who understand base-2 and those who do not.”

Edited once, last by innodapt ().