Invalid certificate in Outlook (email client)

• Could this be caused by the fact that my Fqdn is not ready yet ?
    The request for a ptr was made and should be ready tomorrow.

The server is already installed with that Fqdn adres

:-/ thats why i asked this im my second post ?(

wt nx mr lr snl

• As we said many times, this is a completely different issue. You need to install the correct certificates, which you didn't do yet.

By the way: All server providers I had in the past time answered emails within 1-2 hours.

• @f4Nm1Z9k2P

That is incredible that some mail service provider continue to reject mails sent from servers that have not a correct reverse DNS (gmail and so on...). I can understand those which reject due to unknown recipients but the PTR...

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206

• I'll change the title because it's a little bit confusing for other users..

• As we said many times, this is a completely different issue. You need to install the correct certificates, which you didn't do yet.

By the way: All server providers I had in the past time answered emails within 1-2 hours.

tell ziggo that
    called them twice today and finally got the answer that the person who takes care of that is sick
    there is one more but he comes tommorrow
    pffff ziggo is no small provider they should have this fxt in no time

I have no certificate but like i said it should work with the shared one
    so what is the reason to buy a certificate i dont understand that point
    if it makes the mail server better in receiving and sending/comunicating then its something i should considder
    and is it possible to make a account on imscp with the fqdn and then let letsencrypt create the cert ?

hopefully tomorrow the ptr/fqdn/reverse dns is ready ;(

by the way i have no server provider i have my own servers on my own ip's
    200mb down 100mb up 5 ip numbers

wt nx mr lr snl

• You want to have a valid SSL connection in outlook to your mail-server, right? If yes just create a valid certificate for your fqdn and add it via the command above. You can buy one, get free for 1 year by startssl or generate one by letsencrypt (via command line OR by creating a new customer with fqdn as domain name + enable letsencrypt -> copy this cert on cert-view page)

• I have no certificate but like i said it should work with the shared one
    so what is the reason to buy a certificate i dont understand that point
    if it makes the mail server better in receiving and sending/comunicating then its something i should considder
    and is it possible to make a account on imscp with the fqdn and then let letsencrypt create the cert ?

The Certificate System is hierarchical. Self signed certs won't be trusted by client Software like browsers or Outlook. Since Let's Encrypt exists you really don't have to pay for it. You will have to get a cert from somewhere (like Let's Encrypt) and then install it via imscp-reconfigure.

tell ziggo that
    called them twice today and finally got the answer that the person who takes care of that is sick
    there is one more but he comes tommorrow
    pffff ziggo is no small provider they should have this fxt in no time

As Ziggo's main business isn't providing Webservers I understand why this can take some time.

• I'll close the thread now. If you still have any problems, please create a specific topic, but normally all questions were already answered in this thread.

PS: For each question / problem one thread